Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Look at the Latest "Star Trek Nemesis" Poster (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Look at the Latest "Star Trek Nemesis" Poster
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
I'm not in a good mood, creatively because I'm working on some stupid ad right now... so I will be nitpicky.

The knife looks like one of those fantasy knives I can order out of a catalog.

It's not Faith's knife from season 3 Buffy is it!?!

quote:

The tried to do something cool with the layout of the text... but missed. The smoke isn't scaled correctly...it looks like they photographed cigar smoke and placed it behind Shinzon.

Well look at Shinzon's hand - I think they edited out a large Reman cigar! [Smile]

quote:

And Picard looks like Nagilum.

OMG! LOL! Yes he does! heheheheheheh!

Rather that would be Nagilum's brother Trawets

quote:

Ok... back to my fried dumplings and silly furniture ad.

Overall... I give a 3 out of 10 on creativity.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
It's not Faith's knife from season 3 Buffy is it!?!

"It's a thing of beauty, boss." That knife certainly looks familiar. Is that the same design as the ceromonial knife from "Sons of Mogh"?

And yes, Picard is looking quite Nagilum-esque.

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's the cover of The Battle of Los Romulus by Rage against the Android...
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I knew I'd seen that knife before somewhere!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know what the funny thing is? I have that knife. I bought it in summer of 2000. I bought the Phoenix last summer. These are the only two fantasy knives, and now they are both from Star Trek. Awesome. Heres some HOT HOT KNIVE ACTION:

-
 -

As for the poster, eh, its certainly better then the Insurrection poster, but not as good as First Contact's or Generations. There is a blank space on my wall for it (i have all the TNG movie posters) .

[ October 06, 2002, 10:01: Message edited by: Proteus ]

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I *liked* the Insurrection movie poster... it was the best part of the movie! [Smile]

I actually got a hold of the mega huge heavy duty version of the Insurrection movie poster. It's over 6 feet high... It was actually part of a card-board box standee and was attached via plastic screws. I got it for 10 bucks when the cinema didn't want it. I actually couldn't fit it in my car 'as is' - it was WAY too big. So there I am in the parking lot dismantling a bloody huge 6 foot by 4 foot insurrection standee and poster. I think (I typed tink - too much Kendra) that I did more advertising in one afternoon (It took forever to dismatle and the wind blowing didn't help) for Insurrection than paramount did for the whole bloody thing.

Little factoid - In the Fatboy Slim "Praise You" video clip - there is an Insurrection poster in the background!

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Proteus:
You know what the funny thing is? I have that knife. I bought it in summer of 2000. I bought the Phoenix last summer. These are the only two fantasy knives, and now they are both from Star Trek. Awesome. Heres some HOT HOT ACTION

Obscure circular pop-culture reference:
Hmmm, now I'm having Fallout 2 flashbacks.

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Christ, you can buy these bloody things?! Oh, well, I guess when you live in a country where you can get guns in your breakfast cereal packets, what harm can a little knife do?

--------------------

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
nah guns here are so fucking controlled. you cant even get an automatic without being in the millitary. haha....

as for knives.. you guys cant buy knives?!

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
im so disturbed by that, and the rest also

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Proteus:
as for knives.. you guys cant buy knives?!

labor governments frown on personal responsibility, so i'd not be surprised if they couldn't.
IP: Logged
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. The number of times I've been going about my daily business and cursing to the gods of labour that I can't buy a knife like that to cut my potatoes. Damn them all.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Lee
Member # 393

Actually, current restrictions on knife ownership predate the Blair government.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, knives don't kill people: People thrusting knives into someone's body over and over kills people.
Remember, when chopsticks are outlawed, only outlaws will have chopsticks.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the boy speaks well.

the only thing with those 'fantasy knives' is that the people who own them must 'fantasize' about using them, which gives me the heebie-jeebies.

And the mayor of Paris too, after yesterday.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps