Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Paramount Focus group (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Paramount Focus group
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today, my friend is going to Paramount Studios for a focus group to see what are the fan's thought's on Enterprise and Star Trek in genenral. I would have gone but I have a meeting. I'll post what happend when he gets home.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Eek!]
oh to have the opportunity!

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How did your friend get chosen for the focus group? Is he a member of the official fan club or did he perhaps send a death threat to Braga?

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, he got an e-mail for some reason from Paramount Studios. He sent me the contact info and I also was contacted about joining. Too bad I have a meeting at 7pm since the focus group is at 6pm and the participants are being paid.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

I'm pissed.... the focus group was a prank for a show called The Jamie Kennedy Experiment on the WB. Brent Spiner was involved but someone in the fake focus group blew away Jamie Kennedy in heavy makeup. I'm not sure that it will air. DAMN!!!

At least my friend got Enterprise and JKX stuff, but still I'm pissed.

--------------------

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, this is gonna be fun.
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a pretty crap show. Someone should really tell these allegedly real people they play the pranks on that, when the gag is revealed, they don't all have to act in exactly the same way! What, is there an acting coach somewhere in LA doing a class called "Prank Show Target 101?"

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Probably. There are casting agencies for Jerry Springer-esque shows, Big Brothers, Survivors and probably even entire audiences.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vice-Admiral Michael T. Colorge:
[QB]I'm pissed.... the focus group was a prank for a show called The Jamie Kennedy Experiment on the WB. Brent Spiner was involved but someone in the fake focus group blew away Jamie Kennedy in heavy makeup. I'm not sure that it will air. DAMN!!!

QB]

Someone in the fake focus group blew away Jamie Kennedy?? WHAT? There a few ways this could be read.

1. They brought a gun!

2. They pulled down his pants and went down on him!

3. They punched him out.

4. They exposed him. But that doesn't make sense, if that person was in the FAKE focus group - or was the FAKE one they one 'organised' with real fans?

JKX sounds like a silly show - and how long can these shows go on before too many people know the people involved?

That being said, I have seen a few things with Jamie Kennedy in it... on being a REALLY low budget movie called "The Specials". It is EXTREMELY funny. It was WAY better than "Mystery Men" That was around at the same time. It is quite hilarious. Mojo did some PP CGI work on it too, I noticed in the credits. (The movie was on Showtime late one night a while back - it wasn't on at the movies... at least not here).

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If they did kill him I would imagine that his pranking days are going to be limited....
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I reccommend beatings for all involved.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As far as I know, "blow away" can only mean that you shoot someone, astound them, or literally blow air on them so hard that they fly away. If you fellate someone, you're simply blowing them, not blowing them away. And I've never heard "blow away" or anything resembling it used to mean "expose".
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exactly - ok you're right about the 'fellatio' bit - but... how else does 'blow away' fit in the scenario!?! Unless the person blew on him, punched him or shot him? Or really really astounded him with is brilliance!?! In what context!?!

hmmm.

[Confused] [Razz] [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I never said the initial use of the phrase made any sense...
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps