Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » DS9 Movie petition (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: DS9 Movie petition
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was over at trektoday.com and saw this link to a DS9 movie petition.

Look, even if you don't think Paramount would do it, or that it would even work... sign the petition!!

14,000 people from all over the world have already signed it!

http://www.starfleetlibrary.com/ds9petition/

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
with that kind of support a movie could gross well over $56,000.. something for Paramount to consider..
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you can find a place to watch it at $4.00 a ticket.... A little over $100,000.00 easily...

A DS9 movie..... what would it cover, Kira's sex life??? Odo as her toy???

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had an idea for a DS9 movie. I considered writing it out but didn't in the end because it reminded me too much of the B5 film "A Call to Arms." Since then, virtually every plot point I was unhappy with has turned up in the Nemesis screenplay. Seriously - I'd go into details but this is a spoiler-free thread.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
If you can find a place to watch it at $4.00 a ticket
Found a place to watch it at $ 4.90. Now, who can beat that? [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spoilers for DS9 finale
$
$
$
$
$
$
I always thought a DS9 movie dealing with the return of Sisko would be cool. It could take place 5 to 10 years after "What you leave behind". Sisko's child would have been born. Kira might be dealing with a new Starfleet captain assigned to the station. Maybe Bajor has joined the Federation. There would have to be plot relavant to Bajor and large enough for Sisko to come back and intervene.

It'll never be a big screen movie. But perhaps a two-hour television movie would be possible. Doubtful... not with Enterprise on the air.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always have agreed that a 2 hour tv movie would be brilliant for DS9!!

You know even something set DURING the series would be good... series 5 or 6. And Terry Farrel could comeback - since she is now out of Becker.

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would they take her back though? More to the point, to mention another B5 film, "Thirdspace" was set back during the show's run but was shown after, and it just didn't work. That has a lot to do with it not being very good, but all the same one had a sense that it didn't really matter anymore, we'd all moved on from the mid-4th season when it was actually set.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if something set during the series would work. DS9 wasn't really set up like B5. There doesn't seem to be alot of room for a movie with any far reaching consequences.

Now... you could have something set between seasons... for instance, while Sisko was moping on Earth, Kira and the crew could've done something amazing that was all wrapped up by the time we caught up with them at the beginning of the 7th season. Perhaps the events that lead to Kira's promotion.

You could do the same thing between seasons during the early part of the war. There could be a wartime story that is self contained. They'd really have to work to come up with a story that tied into anything later on in a meaningful way, though.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

There seemed to be a bit that happened between Season 3 and Season 4... What about the 3 months we never saw between Call to Arms and A Time to Stand?

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

A Time to Stand is the one that opened with all the half destroyed ships, right? If that's the one you're talking about, then, yes... I agree there is room for some stories there. but I'm still going to say that they probably couldn't have much to do with anything that happened later on in the series. I just don't think that would work out too well. They'd have to be fairly self contained stories.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, the DS9 books set after the series' end would make for a great movie (at least TV Movie) all by themselves!
I certainly would like to see some follow up on TV! A two hour movie for TV would be great, inexpensive (aside from the actors, the already have everything)and would pull in ratings between seasons of Enterprise (where UPN shows die a lingering death)! [Big Grin]

....and having Worf visit could push Nemesis on DVD!

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A TV movie would cost as much as a real movie. And almost none of DS9's sets continue to exist. They packed away the Defiant's bridge, and used it a few times on Voyager, but I suspect it may have been struck with the rest of the Voyager sets.
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wasn't the Defiant bridge used for the Fortunate's bridge on ENT?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you're right.

Or rather, at least part of it was.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps