Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » For anyone in Australia

Author Topic: For anyone in Australia
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't forget the Star Trek: The Next Generation seasons 3 and 4 marathon is starting NOW! On Foxtel's TV1.

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish one of our networks in the UK would do that so I could retape them - most of my old copies go back to the early 90's and are all in mono.

So you're on ozzie. No problem, me and my fellow Brits here (who are into sports) will generally tolerate you as long as you don't talk about cricket, or the current Ashes series [Mad]

[Big Grin]

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL!

--------------------

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we USAians get TNG every night on TNN.
IP: Logged
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

We get DS9 every night on TV1 (and over the last two weeks - two Season 1 B5 episodes starting at 11pm)

--------------------

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And voyager, plus the first 4 series every sat night. Which means that you run out of tapes very fast.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Red, I keep forgetting you're a Brit. . . we do get a TNG ep every day on Sky, which isn't too bad.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True, only if you're prepared to tolerate a string of endless commercials. I'd like to see BBC2 have a marathon. No ads there to spoil it...

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

The ASDB

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BBC2? No chance. Maybe one of the new BBC channels, in the middle of the night. Or if one of the other digital channels ever acquires the rights to TNG the way E4 has TOS, and even then there will be a certain amount of commercial interruption. Do you really believe that BBC2, after the way they've treated all the SF shows they've shown over the years, would give over 3 straight hours (if they showed just 4 in a row), or some greater multiple (if they showed more), of their programming for such a purpose?

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er, "Ozzies"? A group of people who bite the heads of chickens? (Or don't, rather.)

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

After watching bits and pieces of the marathon over the weekend (well I HAVE seen them all before - some several time [Smile] ok I must admit you can always watch reruns of TNG - like The Simpsons)

I simply adore "Yesterday's Enterprise" of course - and "The Offspring" Is simply a brilliant work of film. It's AMAZING. I mean that's easily Emmy - material in that episode - no questions asked. Hallie Todd was brilliant as Lal. The ending always makes me cry.

I also caught "The Loss" again. It wasn't as BAD as I remembered it!! Troi was quite SCARY there the way she back-chatted to Picard... she was NASTY!! [Smile] And to BEVERLY!! "How do you people LIVE this way". Good stuff.

And the simply magical "Data's Day" Love that episode to pieces. Down to the music - in the beginning it was really sweet. Brent Spiner is brilliant in that episode (is ever ever not!?!) [Smile]

Classic episode - sadly often overlooked. These episodes are worth a whole season of Voyager or Enterprise.

--------------------

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

Vogon - no I don't at all. Perhaps I should've added a hint of sarcasm to the last post, as I fully concur with you that the BBC has treated all its sci-fi shows quite shoddily. The time slot alone was poor. But it is at least feasible that BBC Choice or BBC 4 might do something along the lines of a marathon one day. For now, Sky is the only real hope, I just detest having to sit there editing out all the ads.

Andrew, indeed, season 3 and 4 were probably TNG's best and most consistent period...

--------------------

The ASDB

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Except...doesn't BBC Choice only show stuff made by the BBC?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Lee
Member # 393

No, they showed episodes of 24 on there.

--------------------

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

Can't say I've ever watched it to know either way. In fact, 90% of the channels I've got I don't watch, never have watched, nor ever will watch.

--------------------

The ASDB

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps