Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Klingons "Defeated"?!?! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Klingons "Defeated"?!?!
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I could go and get my trading card from that episode - but I didn't think the Fed symbol was behind the Klingon - it was just next to it - on screen.

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry - did you mean the symbols weren't part of the image transmitted from the bridge of the Klingon ship? That they were just inserted beside the image of the Klingon? Hmm. That might work.

Then again, that ship *could* have been a special Klingon/UFP liaison vessel, specializing in prisoner exchanges... And if the ship didn't have a "diplomatic" mission of some sort, it's a bit odd that it would be flying around next to (or in!) the Neutral Zone (which must have been the Romulan one, since we know of no other Zones from that era). I mean, sure, Klingons can have legitimate reasons for being in places they *don't* intend to conquer or destroy just yet, but they seldom are.

Timo Saloniemi

Sorak
Member # 874

- posted      Profile for Sorak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Maybe that the Vulcan's noticed the warp signature first was a blessing in disguise - otherwise the Klingons might have noticed!?!
Theoretically, what would have happened if the Klingons had found us first? Possibly another alternate universe that a future Star Trek series could explore...maybe even Enterprise if they run out of ideas. But, just for discussion, what might the universe be like? (Accounting for all the other aliens too, what or who might a Klingon-ruled Earth conquer?)

--------------------
Petty Officer 1st Class Sorak
Chief Tactical Officer
USS Gemini NCC-74680
Task Force 44
Task Group 3
Bravo Fleet

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm... certainly an interesting question. Assuming they didn't try to conqueror us outright the Klingons would probably have persuaded us that we needed them for protection and also instilled a deep hostility to any other alien race. I would imagine that most humans in a Klingon dominated Earth would be zenophobic almost to the brink of naziism. The only aliens that would be regarded as remotely trustworthy would be the Klingons. Terran starships (well, repainted Klingon ones) would fight alongside the Empire in a 'war for survival' against the 'hostile' aliens who are out to destroy the combined glories of the Empire and Earth.

If they did just conqueror us outright, I'd think that something akin to the Resistance or Maquis would emerge and try to free Earth from the alien scum occupying the home planet. Whether they'd succeed or not is another matter.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Kosa
Member # 650

- posted      Profile for Kosa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Having a Klingon dominated series would be an interesting take.
I can see it now. The rebel human�s fight for independence ala Bajor or the xenophobic earth begins to see threw Klingon propaganda because of the efforts of a few humans.

Hmm..interesting.
Not sure if it could be done respectively though and/or maintain interest.

Pretty much what Wraith said i just noticed [Razz]
Nice pondering Wraith...

--------------------
More human than human -Blade Runner

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kosa:
Pretty much what Wraith said i just noticed [Razz]
Nice pondering Wraith...

Thanks! [Big Grin]

Great minds think alike [Razz]

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well they'd have a big-ole invasion. Or would they - it might make the Human populus fight back... which they would like. I wonder what happened on other worlds - did they fightback and to the end? Or they just let the Klingons come in and exploit the population?

Would Gagh catch-on?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, the Klingons would come and destroy our entire defense force and world army in NINE MINUTES.
Then they would make us eat rat.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps