Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » TFF DVD not getting any additional footage (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: TFF DVD not getting any additional footage
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Going by that time scale, the journey through V'Ger must have taken roughly 7 billion years."

Well, that was approximately the impression I got the last time I watched it.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mike lord:
Call me crazy but I think it's a bit of a scam they've got running here where they release the bare bones version then supprise! They release all the movies again with all the bells and whistles that should have had on them first time round - for a hiked up price too!

The Thing DVD is just a run-of-the-mill release and it's got over 7 hours of extras.

I always thought that because we're paying a premium for DVD over VHS, we got the extras - not as a bonus but to make up for the extra cost.

I knew paramount would do that and I was warning anyone that would listen at the time because I thought it was odd that they were sooo devoid of extras at a time when it was one of DVD's best selling points.

Regards

You are right. It is a scam.
Even the greedy bastards of Lucasfilm (kings of merchandising) did not screw the fans this way.
I personally got hosed by TWOK DVD! Zero extras!

...another marketing tool I've noticed is releasing sorry "full screen" versions of new movies on DVD (Spiderman, TLOTR).
Why cant you just zoom in 1 notch on the widescreen to get the same effect?
I've seen the "special widescreen version" go for five dollars more at WalMart.

...and you're right about The Thing.
Awesome movie. Awesome DVD. $25 bucks. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
zooming in on the widescreen will just give you a closeup of the movie's widescreen form, fullscreen versions are often 'pan and scan' to make sure that important visuals are not lost to the sides.
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally I like the widescreen format, some movies give you a choice such as Top Gun. Others have Side-A widescreen, Side-B fullscreen. I find it odd that now they're making it separate DVDs.

I haven't bought any ST DVDs yet, movies or shows. I've been meaning to get special edition (se) movies such as TMP, TWOK, etc. I would also buy TFF se just for the sake of having all Trek movies.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps