Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » One Week (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: One Week
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I enjoyed myself during the Nemesis world premier in Hollywood. Strangely, I got 4 tickets from my favorite Hip Hop radio station. Oh, and Tom Hardy is much better looking in person with hair.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like I am going to get to see Nemesis on Friday. I've already struck a deal with my boss to get out of work at 2pm. I can see a cheap show at a good theater with nary a bothersome person nearby.

The downside is that I have to go into work on Thursday and help serve the refreshments for the Christmas party we're hosting for our clients. Yay, I get to serve finger sandwiches and cheese cubes to IT managers.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As it turns out, it appears I'll be seeing Nemesis on Friday too, surprisingly. I am usually not quick with the viewing of films. I saw Solaris today. There were two other people in the theater.
Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Yay, I get to serve finger sandwiches and cheese cubes to IT managers.
How I envy you... [Big Grin]

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm hoping to go see it tomorrow at 7, but the theatre only allows same-day ticket sales, so I hope there's not a big line. I'll try to get there for 6 just in case... [Smile]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The one in mine is a bit old, but you get the general idea
You don't LOOK like a Mighty Monkey of Mim.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BTW, i compared the script we have online with the novelization (which ive been flipping through at the bookstore for like two weeks).. its pretty close, with the exception that the climactic sequences were completely rewritten. (and the cameos of course changed).

btw, i took out my nemesis VCD, and peeked at the ending . its pretty intense. but im saving myself for seeing the whole film in the theatre tomorrow

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snay:
You don't LOOK like a Mighty Monkey of Mim.

And just how would you know? Have you ever even seen one besides me? [Roll Eyes]

-MMoM [Big Grin]

P.S.
Where's your picture? I'd like to see just how much YOU look like a Malnutured Snay! [Razz]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you know what a Malnurtured Snay looks like? No! On the other hand, a Mighty Monkey of Mim looks like a big Monkey with lots of Muscles and a t-shirt that says "I went to Mim and all I got was this lousy t-shirt!"

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snay:
...a Mighty Monkey of Mim looks like a big Monkey with lots of Muscles and a t-shirt that says "I went to Mim and all I got was this lousy t-shirt!"

What's your source for this one? An old Shane Johnson sourcebook? Or perhaps a personal interview with Gene Roddenberry?

[Razz] [Razz] [Razz] [Razz] [Razz]

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, I don't think Snay's ever posted pictures of himself...

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know what the really bizarre thing about having to wait three weeks for Nemesis is? There is NOTHING being released this week. At all. Some stupid film starring a prepubescent rapper that will vanish without trace by Monday. My Christ, they're really determined to take no chances thatsomeone out there, somewhere in the United Kingdom, maybe hasn't heard that a Harry Potter film and a Bond film are on general release. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

On that note, Nemesis here in SJ replaced Die Another Day. A little odd, I think. I would have expected a Bond film to last a bit longer.

Just checked; DAD moved to the other theatre. [Smile]

--------------------

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eh, I lied. Didn't make it to the theater this afternoon to watch Nemesis. The office threw a surprise birthday party for one of my coworkers, and I couldn't get away as early as I had hoped (but the cake was excellent).

I tried going to the nearest theater, and the parking lot was three-quarters full with huge lines at the ticket booths. What the hell else is showing this weekend?

By the way, I, too, would like to see pictures of Jeff "The Malneutered Snay" Benson.

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that the Hot Chick also was on wide relase today with Nemesis. That and also Maid in Manhattan. So this weekend JLo, Rob Schnieder, and the Enterprise-E battle it out.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps