Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » What are the options for Star Trek? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What are the options for Star Trek?
Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd be willing to give up Star Trek for SG1 completely now. SG1 is now already my favorite.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Star Wrek?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watch Alias more than Enterprise... maybe because I find the characters in Alias more interesting. They are complex as oppose to Archer and the gang. The writing should improve in Enterprise... because if it gets as bad as in Nemesis... I will join the dark side or SD6.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Complexity = red wigs? So noted! Hollywood success is in my future.
StarFire
Member # 748

- posted      Profile for StarFire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I so very rarely watch TV anymore, its kinda sad. I think my new TV gets lonely. Oh well...seriously, I never watched Voyager because they took that from us in St Louis for a while--then we got reruns...at 11pm weeknights. And now Enterprise gets patched into the Home Shopping Network on Friday evenings or something like that. I dunno anymore...St Louis TV basically sucks ass. I guess I really wouldn't miss Trek that much if they took it off the air for a while..so that they can get their effin act together. *shrug* I'd rather see no eppys than sad excuses for them...

--------------------
Are we having fun yet?

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Leave Star Trek alone for a few years.

I mean who here has seen EVERY episode at least TWICE!?! Once + repeat?

I'm sure one or maybe two - and we are die-hard Trekkies here.

Yes, because not having any new episodes means we will see less repeats! Your logic is watertight!
WTF? How do you come about with that little bit of... logic?

No new trek = replace with repeats. Plus repeats are on all the time.

[Roll Eyes]

I really, really hate to point out sarcasm, but, Andy my boy, that was sarcasm.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Styrofoaman
Member # 706

- posted      Profile for Styrofoaman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We discussed this on another board. One idea that was brought up was "Lets make Star Trek More Like Other TV Shows. Take what's popular out there now and add trek to it!"

Ok...

Dharma And Trek

Third Trek From The Sun

SienTrek (Or Starfeld...)

Star Trek PD Blue

ER Trek

Star Friends

I think not. Imagain if they did that and made a Star Trek sitcom:

RIKER: That damn Packled stole my manhood!

PICARD: Like you ever had one! (cue laugh track)

DATA: Penis! (cue laugh track)

TROI: I have monkey! Look! Isn't it cute! (cue laugh track)

And so on.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Like A Bat Out Of Hell...

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Proteus:
I'd be willing to give up Star Trek for SG1 completely now. SG1 is now already my favorite.

Oh indeed Proteus!!

I adore SG1. It holds me more than anything like Voyager or Enterprise has/did.

Haven't felt the excitedness over SG1 since DS9 or even TNG.

DS9 goes with B5, SG1 goes with TNG - if that makes sense.

4 great shows.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
[/qb]
I really, really hate to point out sarcasm, but, Andy my boy, that was sarcasm. [/QB][/QUOTE]

OK.

Charles, I think the board is in need of a sarcasm emoticon! [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No. It would destroy Liam's FuNnIeS!
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps