Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Just when you thought...

Author Topic: Just when you thought...
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...things couldn't get much weirder...

quote:
In the Hallmark quarterly newsletter they announce that a series of "Stamps Of The Century" Christmas ornaments based on the ongoing postage stamp series will be released. One of these will be the Star Trek stamp. These ornaments are described as featuring "etched metal frames with ceramic stamp designs". As they are pictured in my newsletter, each ornament has a pressed metal frame with the ceramic stamp suspended inside.

The artwork on the Star Trek stamp (which is the same as will appear on the forthcoming Trek stamp and is a painted image of the original Enterprise by artist Keith Birdsong) is very impressive. Each ornament will list for $9.95 and will join previously announced Trek 1999 ornaments Lt. Commander Worf($14.95), USS Rio Grande runabout(lighted and "talking" $24.00), and USS Enterprise "Crown Reflections"($25.00).

From TrekWeb.

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Chimaera
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, the excesses of materialistic capitalism, every little trinket possible will be produced as long as there is a chance it will turn a profit. I think I'll pass up the ornaments, but the stamp sounds interesting. I wonder if it will be available in Canada, through Canada Post perhaps.

------------------
"But, it was so artistically done."
-Grand Admiral Thrawn

IP: Logged
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, no. The stamp is an ornament.

See? Quite weird indeed...

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er, Elim, there are stamps AND ornaments. Just a reminder to all, the stamps of the 60's (collection with the Enterprise stamp in it) will be on sale THIS SEPTEMBER.

------------------
"I would be delighted to offer any advice I can on understanding women. When I have some, I'll let you know."
--Picard to Data, "In Theory"

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

Oh... yeah...

------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, there are stamps and ornaments, but the ornaments have the stamps in them, so, in a certain case, the stamp is the ornament.

And I say that as though it were actually a comprehensible explanation, rather than more confusing than everything was to start with... :-)

------------------
Jackson: "This tastes like chicken..."
Carter: "What's wrong with that?"
Jackson: "It's macaroni and cheese."
-Stargate: SG-1, "The First Commandment"

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps