Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Nememsis DVD release date (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Nememsis DVD release date
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Surprisingly early, 5/20 according to my ZENtertainment news letter.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweeeet! I can prove that it was Ro at the wedding chatting with Guinan!!

...that $20 will soon be mine!

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nemesis is finally opening here in Japan on April 14. Tickets for two are 3600 yen or around 30 bucks! The DVD has to be less than that.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.startrek.com/news/productnews.asp?ID=127660
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too bad they are being stingy with the extras, not even reinserting them back into the original footage. If you wanna make a $20 bet, it would be on how long they are going to hold out on us before giving us the our 3 hr movie.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are just as many people who don't want cut scenes shoehorned back into a film.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, that's too bad: you can still see all the deleted scenes in STII when they play it on sci-fi channel but not even on the bells and whistles DVD!
I personally got screwed into buying the regular DVD before I knew I'd have to buy it twice for any extras!
Only Paramount pulls this kind of shit.
In mabye three of four years we'll see a "Special Edition" DVD of Nemesis and ot'll have what we're looking for. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Only Paramount pulls this kind of shit."

Negative sir.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

quote:
you can still see all the deleted scenes in STII when they play it on sci-fi channel but not even on the bells and whistles DVD!
To which do you refer?
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"There are just as many people who don't want cut scenes shoehorned back into a film."

Yeah, but we're talking about a DVD, not a video tape. It's not like they have to do it one way or the other, exclusively.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:

To which do you refer? [/QB][/QUOTE]

I'm told the scene where Scotty introduces ensign "thrid degree" as his nephew is still absent.
As I refuse to give these jerks more cash I'm not 100% sure.
Who else pulls these Special Edition things after the initial release? I know there is the Army Of Darkness and now X-Men versions, but as a rule the DVD tends to have the extras built in the first time around.

Gotta say that DS9's DVD is well worth the cash.
I've noticed several intresting things today:
O'Brien grumbles to himself "I should have signed onto a unmanned cargo drone..."
A TAS refrence of all things! [Big Grin]
....and the Ambassador (Yamagucci?) fires a big beam from it's deflector at the Borg cube in Emissary! Mabye they tried a vriation on Geordi's deflector weapon. [Wink]
The Sternbach(sp?) interview on designing the station is awesome too!

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
[QB
....and the Ambassador (Yamagucci?) fires a big beam from it's deflector at the Borg cube in Emissary! Mabye they tried a vriation on Geordi's deflector weapon. [/QB]

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!! What the hell??? [Confused] I never saw that in the pilot episode, so I'm guessing that it's a cut scene. Damn! They make all the scenes and then cut them out. Bet some of the excellent episodes would have been stupendous with them in. [Eek!] Lousy cheapskates.

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
I'm told the scene where Scotty introduces ensign "thrid degree" as his nephew is still absent.

It's there, plus there's an extra bit of dialogue between Kirk & Scotty just after he croaks.
Of course I can only speak for the Region 2 issue.

quote:
Who else pulls these Special Edition things after the initial release? I know there is the Army Of Darkness and now X-Men versions, but as a rule the DVD tends to have the extras built in the first time around.
Not so, I've some of the first films to be released as DVDs have been later re-issued with extras although only Starship Troopers and The Fugitive spring to mind.
Again, I can only speak for Region 2 disks.

quote:
....and the Ambassador (Yamagucci?) fires a big beam from it's deflector at the Borg cube in Emissary! Mabye they tried a vriation on Geordi's deflector weapon. [Wink]

Come again? I didn't know they had deleted scenes in the series pack.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

You misunderstand:
It was not a deleted scene: I had to use the pause/step feature with the zoom on to confirm it.
The beam is phaser colored but thicker than the phasers fired from it's dorsal strip....and it comes straight from the Deflector.
....and the scene is very fast.
Something else that's a bit odd: the Nebula (Endeavour?) in that scene fires torpedos from under the saucer-the same place the torp launcher is located on the Galaxy class! [Cool]

I stand corrected on the "Special Edition" thing.
I guess these multiple releases thing is just more hollywood greed in action.
A bad trend to be sure. [Mad]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I personally hate it. I buy a DVD and a few months later there's a new edition with more stuff. It's bullshit. I knew ahead of time that was going to happen with FOTR which is why I held out until the extended edition came along. They'll more than likely do the same with TTT.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps