Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » New Encyclopedia (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: New Encyclopedia
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm just buying the book to get a MSD of the Prometheus Class. Also, I wanted to see how much info about the captain's yacht will be there.

------------------
"Its origin and purpose, still a total mystery."

-Dedication Plaque quote from the U.S.S. Odyssey

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There will surely be MSDs of the new ships? Ooohhh...

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a shame this will not include the Equinox. I want the encyclopedia. But what I really look forward to and want to see is a complete guide to starships. Including every starship known to date featuring multiview color diagrams and schematic information. Major starships would get like a page or two, and the minor ones like Cheyenne-class probably just a page. It would have to list every single ship of each class, but every has to be canon data from only TV and movies.

Of course a book like this might cost a lot, but I'd be willing to pay.

Hobbes

------------------
Got Trek?
Federation Starship Datalink

Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Hobbes

------------------
"If I get lost, I'll just follow the ship infront of us."-Ensign Nog

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I have it a copy of the first edition of the Star Trek Omnipedia, so I'll definitedly be getting a copy. The price ain't too bad either.

------------------
"I told you. You're dead. This is the afterlife. And I'm God."
--Q to Picard, "Tapestry".

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The folks at Pocket Books ARE negotiating for a contract for a Ships of Starfleet-type book.

What YOU need to do is go over there (to the Star Trek books section of www.simonandschuster.com ) and voice your strong desire to see such a project come to completion. You should do this at Margaret Clark's Q&A page, as she's generally the one in charge of Trek reference books.

Also, a book called "Starship Enterprise," which will apparently be about ALL the ships named Enterprise is in the works as we speak... though it may not be released for a year or so.

------------------
"When we turn our back on our principles, we stop being human." -- Janeway, "Equinox"

[This message has been edited by First of Two (edited August 21, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by First of Two (edited August 21, 1999).]

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, just so you know, the Official Magazine has stated that they will be doing features on ALL Federation starships.

------------------
All hands, brace for impact!
WHAM!!

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A useful and welcome stopgap measure, certainly. And the magazine can provide lovely pictures and hopefully interesting behind the scenes information about them. But for technical detail, we want a book!

------------------
"I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile. I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well."
--
Tool

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a sobering signature, Sol

------------------
"Forgive me if I don't share your euphoria!" (Weyoun to Dukat, DS9 'Tears of the Prophets')

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It can help to keep things in perspective. But it's time for a new one, I think.

------------------
"I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile. I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well."
--
Tool

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Huh. Ive been getting fan mail for MY signature (thanks, Skittleychops!). . . 8)

------------------
Phase 1: Steal Underpants
Phase 2: ?
Phase 3: Profit!

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps