Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » DS9 DVD's Pre-order

Author Topic: DS9 DVD's Pre-order
lt25
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just at Roddenberry.com and you can pre-order DS9 season 2 thru 7.

Do any of you already have Season 2?

IP: Logged
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Season 2 hits stores (in my area at least) April 1st. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When are they released in Europe/Region 2?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahh.. the glory of a double post.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Hunter
Member # 611

- posted      Profile for Hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well the site I ordered through lists 28th of April for the Uk release of season 2 so around that time.
Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you get it when you order it, or do you have to wait until it comes out? Otherwise, saving a mere $5 s not worth it to wait. Besides the NEX (Naval Exchange) does sell it for $99.99 when it first comes out in the first week, but goes up to $109.99 afterwards.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ebay still seems to be the cheapest way. I got DS9 Season one for under $70US.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just curious - I don't think I'll be buying DS9 or Voyager on DVD for quite some time - as I own both complete series on Video from Paramount/CIC.

Are they people here buying the boxed sets people who already have all the episodes on tape? Or is it that The US never really had the Home Video release like the UK and Australia?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Video tapes are as antiquated as papyrus.

And, more seriously, while there are DS9 and Voyager tapes in existence (TNG and TOS as well for that matter), only small numbers of people ever bought them in the United States.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I only bought the DS9 and TNG pilots on VHS because it was the only way I could see the show in its entirity instead of the two 1-hour tv syndicated versions of it.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought some TNG and DS9 videos in England some years ago, but only about 5 or 6 each.

I therefor have preordered all seven seasons of DS9 - the first of which arrived a few weeks ago. The only hard part is selling my videos as no one wants to buy that stuff now that the series is available on DVD. Same goes for my TNG cassettes.

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps