Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » TAS Counter-Clock Incident - question & discussion

Author Topic: TAS Counter-Clock Incident - question & discussion
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quick Q for anyone who has closed captioning.. my new roommates TV doesnt have CC and i need to know the name of the nova star in the anti-time universe that corresponds to Beta Niobe.. by the twisted logic of this episode, it should be Niobe backwards, or Eboin.. but when the characters say it it sounds like, phonetically spelled, em-fee-on.

Can anyone get a spelling for me?

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to Bjo Trimble's Star Trek Concordance, it's Amphion. That's fairly reliable since Trimble had access to the TOS and TAS scripts while compiling the book.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Niobe was a Greek goddess.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Phoenix
Member # 966

- posted      Profile for Phoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Niobe was a Greek goddess.

Actually she was just a mortal, whose children were all killed by Apollo and Artemis because she boasted that she was the equal of Leto (their mother).

Her husband was called (cunningly) Amphion.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
excellent.. this is a nice little explanation for that name.

this episode was patently ridiculous, but for some reason its more enjoyable as the sum of its parts

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the clarification on Niobe - well she was at least a part of Greek myth!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps