Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » New art sources (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: New art sources
darkwing_duck1
Member # 790

- posted      Profile for darkwing_duck1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With the Trek Magazine and the Fact Files both KIA, has anyone heard anything about potential alternate sources of good "official" Trek art (bridge orthos, ship schematics, etc)? Are there any other 'zines that do this or are we back to strictly fan produced stuff?
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's the Communicator, but that's not 'official'. But there were some nice graphics of the J Class, so who knows?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That would be the same magazine as this months issue featuring a foldout poster of that teen heartthrob......

wait for it....

wait for it....

PORTHOS!
Yes these brainiacs really expect us to shell out $5 for a magazine with a six page article on the fucking dog and a 18x24" foldout poster of him?!?
They stopped Fact Files and STTM but we still have this crap?
Grim times indeed.

You guys know where I can get back-issues of The Fact Files? Mabye I could find a website with all the good ship pics and schematics so I could print themn out?
The Schematics in STTM are...well...."off" is the most polite way to describe some of them.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jim NCC1701A
Member # 1021

- posted      Profile for Jim NCC1701A     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
You guys know where I can get back-issues of The Fact Files? Mabye I could find a website with all the good ship pics and schematics so I could print themn out?
The Schematics in STTM are...well...."off" is the most polite way to describe some of them.

From my understanding (although I've never seen an issue of STTM) both the Fact Files and STTM used the same schematics. At least, that's what I heard over on HobbyTalk.

As for back issues...
In the UK orders should be sent to
The Star Trek Fact Files
Woodgate (Fabbri) Ltd, PO Box 1, Hastings TN35 4TJ

each back issue costs �1.99 w/free postage (in the UK)

or credit card orders by phone at (UK country code) 0870 729 9292

Don't bother ordering 'em from New Zealand - we're about a year behind the UK and Australia in issues (even though Aussie is just over the ditch from us [Frown] )

Cheers!

Jim.

--------------------
It's life Jim, but not as we know it...

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG! Are you our first Kiwi!?!

Welcome!

Andrew
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.

I think there are only 2 or 3 other Australians on here.

Daryus Aden (VIC)
Myself (QLD)
Dax (WA)

and someone else (I think).

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Phoenix
Member # 966

- posted      Profile for Phoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jim NCC1701A:
quote:

From my understanding (although I've never seen an issue of STTM) both the Fact Files and STTM used the same schematics. At least, that's what I heard over on HobbyTalk.

As for back issues...
In the UK orders should be sent to
The Star Trek Fact Files
Woodgate (Fabbri) Ltd, PO Box 1, Hastings TN35 4TJ

each back issue costs �1.99 w/free postage (in the UK)

or credit card orders by phone at (UK country code) 0870 729 9292

Don't bother ordering 'em from New Zealand - we're about a year behind the UK and Australia in issues (even though Aussie is just over the ditch from us [Frown] )

Cheers!

Jim.

My god you can get back issues?

I have them up to about issue 200. How many were there?

Jim NCC1701A
Member # 1021

- posted      Profile for Jim NCC1701A     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First Kiwi? Could well be - I thought I was the only one over on HobbyTalk, but turns out there's a guy from Wellington who lurks there but doesn't post much.

Back issues? Well, that info can directly from the inside cover so I guess so.
How many? NZ's up to 254, but I know from an Aussie on HobbyTalk that (a few months ago) they were up to the 290s. I have no idea how many more there are, but I've been fitting mine 15 issues to a binder and I've got 17 binders so far (and no more shelf space).

Cheers!

Jim from Auckland NZ.

--------------------
It's life Jim, but not as we know it...

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the info Jim!

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

There were 304 issues of the Fact Files and I have every last one.
I'm seriously considering putting them up on Ebay since I'm running very low on storage space.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Hunter
Member # 611

- posted      Profile for Hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
and someone else (I think
I Should post more often then shouldn't I?
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Mabye I could find a website with all the good ship pics and schematics so I could print themn out?

There's some wishful thinking...sadly I think I spent one lonely night websearching for scans from backissues and no such thing seems to exist [Frown]
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Mabye Revrend could scan all the ship stuff for us and burn a CD.
For a nominal fee of course. [Wink]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
quote:

There were 304 issues of the Fact Files and I have every last one.
I'm seriously considering putting them up on Ebay since I'm running very low on storage space.

That'd be about AUS$3000 cause I think they were about $10.00 each!!

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

quote:
Originally posted by Jim NCC1701A:
First Kiwi? Could well be - I thought I was the only one over on HobbyTalk, but turns out there's a guy from Wellington who lurks there but doesn't post much.

Back issues? Well, that info can directly from the inside cover so I guess so.
How many? NZ's up to 254, but I know from an Aussie on HobbyTalk that (a few months ago) they were up to the 290s. I have no idea how many more there are, but I've been fitting mine 15 issues to a binder and I've got 17 binders so far (and no more shelf space).

Cheers!

Jim from Auckland NZ.

Do you get a free Star Trek Binder each 15 issues?

I stopped at about issue 8 - cause I realised the price it would balloon to cause REALLY they could make them for ever.

Plus the info in them was crap - like the pictures with an arrow "Nacelle" or "Bridge".

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

"Crap" as in mis-labeled diagrams (as in many schematics I've seen reproduced in STTM) or as in inaccurate schematics (as in the Ambassador) or as in the art department just pulling stuff out of their ass (like the Norway's ventral view)?

I'm only intrested in line art schematics so I'll have refrence to build accurate models: the labeling of their parts really makes no diffrence to me.

Are there schematics of ships that were not also reprinted in STTM in the Fact Files?
I'd think so with a over 300 issues and all...

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps