Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Downloadable Star Trek Movies

Author Topic: Downloadable Star Trek Movies
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Probably old news to a number of you, but I just saw this on Startrek.com:

http://startrek.com/news/productnews.asp?ID=129257

Thought I would make a little contribution around here. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I notice they don't state if the movies are the special edition or the stuff we could see on TV in any given month anyway.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm curious how they create a file that degrades within 24hours upon first viewing. I suppose it is like those programs with the 30-day trial that are useless after that period. If so, what prevents you from copying/backing-up the file anyway...and why the hell does it matter? You can buy the VHS online of any of the old TOS movies for like a $1 anyway.

--------------------

Triton
Member # 1043

- posted      Profile for Triton         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I was curious about the piracy aspect as well. And the size of the video files. [Eek!]

The video quality must really stink with the compression scheme they use to get the files that small.

You probably are better off looking through the bargain bins for the old video tapes. The picture and sound quality would probably be a lot better and you could play the tape after 30 days.

Revanche
Member # 953

- posted      Profile for Revanche     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not to mention American servicemebers stationed outside the US are not allowed to conduct business with them (according to the webpage).

:technically not aimed at military, but taking it that way:

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Futurama Guy:
Thought I would make a little contribution around here. [Big Grin]

What Contribution? [Big Grin]

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

quote:
Originally posted by Saltah'na:
What Contribution? [Big Grin]

To the general knowledge pool of what is going elsewhere with Trek outside of the Flare realm. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is something else apart from the Flare realm???? [Wink]
Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only in the fevered imaginations of the truly disturbed.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

Guilty as charged! [Big Grin]

*twitch* *twitch*

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps