Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Malon geography ($$$$)

Author Topic: Malon geography ($$$$)
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to draw a galaxy map, and some pieces of information are still missing. My most important question is about the size of Malon space. Is it mentioned somewhere that it's that large as on Krenim's homepage, for instance? Krenim?

------------------
*Obscure humorous pretentious Gaelic-Latin signature*
Ex Asterige Scientia

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
$$$$ Late Fifth-Season Voyager Spoilers $$$$

It's stated in "Think Tank", after jumping 25 years from the last-known position of the Malon, that Chakotay finds it possible that the Malon are supporting the Hasari. Then when a transmission looks like it reveals that it is the Malon, the crew doesn't find it odd.

After that, in "Juggernaut", there's a waste export vessel out there, and then the crew decides to take survivors to a Malon ship (a transport, I believe). This clearly suggests their space in quite massive.

But, yes, get the expert in here... Krenim?

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

[This message has been edited by Elim Garak (edited August 30, 1999).]

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yup, Malon space really is that big. 15877.69231 light-years across, to be exact. And that's assuming they don't show up next year.

------------------
Darlene: I read a lot of science fiction.
Herbert: Bless you, my child.
Kay: The world needs more people like you.

-Deep Space Nine, "Far Beyond the Stars."

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oops. That's radius, not diameter.

------------------
Darlene: I read a lot of science fiction.
Herbert: Bless you, my child.
Kay: The world needs more people like you.

-Deep Space Nine, "Far Beyond the Stars."

Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That doesn't neccisarily mean that it is circular. It might just be elongated and/or very narrow.

------------------
"If you're at a a concert and somebody steps on your foot, let it slide. Its not worth getting 20 years because somebody smuged your puma."-Chris Rock

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
True, but that's a rather odd way to expand your space, really...

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unless you're constrained by surrounding nations.

------------------
Frank's Home Page, which you've never seen before and want to visit right now

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

True. But constrained by surrounding nations along Voyager's precise flight path? Now this is getting a wee bit silly.

------------------

grb
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe the Malon are a non-alinged species. They've dvided into seperate political entities as they have had to go deeper into space to find places for their waste. There might be a few Malon here, a few more there.

------------------
"Can I have a hug?"
-Dr. Evil

IP: Logged
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

$ Non-really-important spoilers $

But the weirdest thing is... they only haul waste half the year and then go home to Malon Prime for the next half...

------------------

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was there a direct stardate expressed in Juggernaut? If not, we could just turn on a little of the "wishful thinking machine", and say it was before their previous jump.

------------------
"Well, I guess we're an Ovaltine family."
"MORE OVALTINE PLEASE!"
-American Radio Ads... *gag*... one more reason I'm glad to be above the 49th.

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the info. I think I will first plot Voyager's flight path and then try to fit in the Malon, giving them a credible territory.
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1) Added spoilers just in case....... such a thread is ripe for some.

2) This belongs to the Voyager Forum. You'll find the thread there....... *fwoosh*

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps