Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Generations SE DVD

Author Topic: Generations SE DVD
kiltedbear
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for kiltedbear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since Paramount has redone all the Trek movies featuring the original crew in 2-disc "Director's Editions" or "Special Collector's Editions", does anyone here know if there are any plans to give Generations, First Contact, Insurrection and Nemesis the same treatment? (Although I doubt that Nemesis would warrant it)

--------------------
"Sweet Jesus, do you have to use the whole can?"
-Metatron

Captain Serek
Member # 1038

- posted      Profile for Captain Serek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Given the pattern of releases as of late, I am sure we can expect the 2-disk Star Trek-Generations around summer. It will have a commentary (by whom I have no idea), plus on the second disk the usual variety of stuff. What I am hoping for is some of the alternate/deleted scenes from thr origial cut, like Kirk's parachute jump, extended Geordi torture, extra dialogue on the Enterprise-B regarding Kirk's dissapearance and Soran shooting Kirk in the back and him dying by Picard's hands. Who knows, maybe they will have test footage of the new uniforms they whipped up for the movie before deciding on the DS9 style. As one can tell, I am looking forward to it's release as well.
Off topic, I got to meet Nicholas Meyer when Star Trek VI was released as a 2-disk. He was great to listen to because he is so damned well read and articulate. At the q and a, there were no short answers. Everyone left happy. [Cool]

--------------------
I've come a long way for the power of Genesis, and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik, and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if you'd checked the "Upcoming DVD Releases" thread in the "Officer's Lounge" forum you would have seen that a 2-disc SE edition of "Generations" has been announced for region 2.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

kiltedbear
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for kiltedbear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was aware of the Region 2 release, but I had not heard anything about when it was going to be released in Region 1.

--------------------
"Sweet Jesus, do you have to use the whole can?"
-Metatron

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who cares for region 1 anyway? [Wink] [Razz]

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps