Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Jerry Goldsmith

Author Topic: Jerry Goldsmith
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is sad news indeed! He was a great composer. Although I wasn't too wrapped in Insurrection and didn't end up getting Nemesis soundtrack (although I'm sure I eventually will) - The Music to Star Trek V: The Final Frontier is just simply magestic and beautiful. The score to that film, and I've said it here a number of times is the best thing about that movie. People always say how much they love the First Contact soundtrack, well it drew heavily from Star Trek V. It is one of the few Trek scores that have held up over the years - both in the movie and as a soundtrack to listen to. He will be sadly missed. He was an institution in Hollywood (well I'm sure he was). Pity it was John Williamson who got the academy awards all the time. His movies are like cookie-cutter scores. Although not ALL the time. The two latest Star Wars soundtracks were an utter disappointment. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban was BRILLIANT and so was A.I. Artificial Intelligence. I digress, Jerry Goldsmith had some memorable scores and he will be missed, and yes he played a big part in the Trek Universe.

I want to know why the other Jerry Goldsmith thread was closed after a day without an opportunity for anyone to post their comments?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Click Here

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can we have an overall Flare description while we're at it? I nominate "You Don't Have To Be Dense To Post Here, But It Helps."

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My brain hurts.

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps