Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Scotty got his star (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Scotty got his star
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
So no Leonard or Shatner or Majel? Great to see Nichelle, Grace, Walter and George there.

You're on first name terms with most of them, but you spit the surname of their noble captain as if it were poisoning your very soul?

To be fair to Shatner, he stopped being a complete arsehole almost a decade ago now. And there could be many, many reasons why him (and Nimoy, and Barret) couldn't turn up.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are Doohan and Shatner speaking to each other again?
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doohan is a few fries short of a Happy Meal at his stage in life...thats why he didnt speak at the dedication much less to Captain Priceline.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shatner apparently spent a good deal of time trying to talk to Doohan while filming Generations. Don't know what's happened since then.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well the Convention showed the remaining TOS actors together and Doohan and Shatner were somewhat appart n the photo. Everyone else was arround Doohan though.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
So no Leonard or Shatner or Majel? Great to see Nichelle, Grace, Walter and George there.

You're on first name terms with most of them, but you spit the surname of their noble captain as if it were poisoning your very soul?

LOL - no. Just used to saying 'Shatner' rather than 'William' or 'Bill'.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fleet-Admiral Michael T. Colorge:
Well the Convention showed the remaining TOS actors together and Doohan and Shatner were somewhat appart n the photo. Everyone else was arround Doohan though.

Where is this photo, does it have ALL of them including Grace-Lee Whitney and Majel Barrett-Roddenberry?

--------------------

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes it does... I found some at startrek.com.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
Some photos of the event.

What the hell is Admiral Patterson doing there?

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

He's friends with James Doohan I beleive.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Who is the guy in the red vest clapping - behind Jimmy Doohan? He looks like an actor from something - but I can't place him.

http://blogging.la/archives/DSC_8481.jpg

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that Doohan at the podium? He looks horrible.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, there's Doohan sitting.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Who is the guy in the red vest clapping - behind Jimmy Doohan?"

I wouldn't bet my money on it, but I think that's Bernard Hill (King Theoden in The Two Towers).

Or he could be none other than Random Audience Member #4. Faces always befuddle me.

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My god they look old. I haven't seen pics of the original crew in a while.

Shatner: 73
Nimoy: 73
Kelly: (Would be) 84
Doohan: 84
Koenig: 68 (Oddly, no photo for him on imdb.com)
Nichols: 70
Takei: 64
Whitney: 74

They're lucky though, when they die, like Kelly, their memory will last as long as we know Star Trek.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps