Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Adding music to SFC3

Author Topic: Adding music to SFC3
Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i recently downloaded this file, from one of the SFC sites for the game, Star Fleet Command 3. Below is the instructions file, verbatium:

quote:
This file will detect where SFC3 is on your hard drive and will place some new mp3 files into assets/sound of your game directory.

What this mod does:

1. The ambient music will now be the theme from Deep Space Nine (Rock version).

2. The Federation main music in game is now the TNG TV Theme.

3. Occasionally in Federation Battles you will hear the 1st Contact com chatter.

4. The Klingon Main music and battle music is now the Klingon Imperial Theme!

Installation:

The first thing you should is back up the file;
(Your game directory)/assets/SFCMusic.zip.

You'll need Winzip here to add the new audio.

Open Winzip, and browse to:

(Your Game Directory)/assets/sound and open SFCMusic.zip.

Open Windows Explorer and browse to (Your game directory)assets/sound.

Drag and then add the mp3 files you see in assets/sound into
Winzip, making sure Winzip is set to no compression. IF YOU USE ANY OPTION EXCEPT 'STORE' IN WINZIP YOU WILL LOSE ALL THE MUSIC IN THE ENTIRE GAME!' Be careful.

That'll do it! - fire up the game and have fun.

Credit for getting this to work goes to Towelie on the Taldren Forums. Lotsa people are going to be happy. I predict many SFC3 Music Mods coming our way, lol.

Chris Jones

Now i've tried number times to do this and looked at some of the googled sites for info on the term 'Adding Music SFC3' and the most info i can find is someone saying that the file with the new added/replacing files (specifically the New Music replaces the fed_01_main, fed_02_battle, fed_03_explore, fed_04_ambient, kli_01_main & kli_02_battle MP3 files) must remain the same size overall of the original SFCMusic Zipfile (30,004 Kb). i've found nothing that says that the new file doesn't work but i've been unsucessful in getting the new items to function correctly. i never get any music to work when the Zip items at added.

when i open Winzip, the options are normall defualted at Normal compression and Attributes set at 'Include System and Hidden Files'. i've tried saving the files as None Compression, and Store files as 8.3 format...

anyway, i was hopping someone would have some familiarity on this to help or at least better direct me to help?

thanks...

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only thing I have found, from adding weapon sounds (etc), is that the sound files cannot be compressed within the ZIP file. It sorta sounds like you know that, but once I figured that part out I had no problems.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps