Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » The 7th guarantee?

Author Topic: The 7th guarantee?
Bones McCoy
Member # 1480

- posted      Profile for Bones McCoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi guys, I was watching "the Drumhead" and Capt. Picard mentions 'the 7th guarantee'... I was just wondering wether it was some sort of 24th century equivalent to the 5th amendment or something. Does anyone know more about it?

--------------------
"Brave men are vertebrates: they have their softness on the outside, and their toughness in the middle"
-Lewis Carrol

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, as I recall Picard specifically says that it is the legal source of the right to not incriminate oneself in the Federation.

Presumably the rest of the "guarantees" are found somewhere in the Federation charter/constitution, or in associated documents.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The sixth guarentee is the certainty of re-used VFX shots and stock footage of the Enterprise circling some nearly-featureless planet.

The Fifth involves many alien races from across the galaxy using the exact same starship design.

The others just outline that ugly women are put to death or exiled to remote colonies in the future.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
The sixth guarentee is the certainty of re-used VFX shots and stock footage of the Enterprise circling some nearly-featureless planet.

The Fifth involves many alien races from across the galaxy using the exact same starship design.

The others just outline that ugly women are put to death or exiled to remote colonies in the future.

Or given drugs to hide that appearance, a la "Mudd's Women".

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's one in there about Geordi not being allowed to date real, actual girls too.

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

Zefram
Member # 1568

- posted      Profile for Zefram     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't there one about how all aliens, no matter whether or not they've had any contact with the Federation before, have a language that is instantly translatable to Federation Standard as long as language is not essential to the plot?

--------------------
"Having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And the one about all species being able to interbreed.
It's the "You can always get laid" guarentee (not pertaining to Geordi, of course).

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the 8th guarantee is something about Holodecks on Federation starship are allowed to go loopy roughly once a year.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Allowed", or "required"?
Zefram
Member # 1568

- posted      Profile for Zefram     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think DS9 has shown that, in order to avoid holodeck related mishaps, all holodecks should be based on Cardassian design and ran by Ferengi for profit. It's the same kind of thing with public bathrooms: pay toilets are almost always better maintained than free ones.

--------------------
"Having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There absoutely has to be one that guarantees overweight men the right not to be made fun of for wearing skin tight uniforms. Or skirts.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Bones McCoy
Member # 1480

- posted      Profile for Bones McCoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I wanna know what kind of lawyer B&B got to change the Fed constitution... I believe they're yet to be sued..?

--------------------
"Brave men are vertebrates: they have their softness on the outside, and their toughness in the middle"
-Lewis Carrol

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Too bad about the lame joke guarantee, though.)

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps