Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Mini Series - The future of trek? (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Mini Series - The future of trek?
HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's in 3-D
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by wingsabre:
quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
quote:
Originally posted by wingsabre:
i would only worry about designing the bridges.

Really? You think that would be the most worrisome production issue?
I think that would be the most costly production issue. Enough advances have been made with green screens that they could do basic sets with it, like the teleport room. The corridors could be a simple hallway with modular parts.
They just need to shop smart this time- Nemesis featured a 10K captain's chair, but they bought Shinzon's knife from a Gil Hibben Catalog.
Not even a new design either- I'd seen that on sale for a few years prior to the movie.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

wingsabre
Member # 1682

- posted      Profile for wingsabre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nemesis's 10K captain's chair? Do you mean the one seen the most or the one in the end, that I think was cut out of the movie because they wanted to make more money with a shorter movie than a longer one?
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps