Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Sunday with Shatner

Author Topic: Sunday with Shatner
Pwesty
Member # 1035

- posted      Profile for Pwesty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just in case some of you do not know that today is Shanter Sunday on the history channel. There is a new bio and another show onto night based upon that book that he put his name on by the title I'm Working on that. There is all so a little star war documentary thrown in between the other two shows, starts about three here in the wild wild west.
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I don't know how star wars figured into Shatner Day. I mean a better show to put on is this one special on science fiction I saw, I think it was called Fantastic Voyage. It showed the evolution of science fiction throughout history and prominently featured a section on Star Trek (as well as Star Wars) and its impact on sci-fi. That would have been a more fitting show in my opinion. The fact that they put a whole bunch of UFO shows on too doesn't seem to fit either, since I really don't care about people who have said they've been taken aboard UFO's and have been given the bad touch by aliens.
Shakaar
Member # 1782

- posted      Profile for Shakaar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think its all blasphemy! Blasphemy I say! As it has not aired yet, and I�m only judging the program off of the commercials� Shatner claims it is he who is responsible for a hundred myriad of things in technological innovation, and even went so far as to say he was the one who opened the door to interracial dating��� SO� *ponders* Was Roddenberry asleep at the wheel the entire time, and it was actually Shatner who was the one truly creating what Trek is? �.Or does Shatner now deserve to be tarred and feathered for making these claims????
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Probably all of the above! I'm sure it isn't promotional shorthand designed to keep a show's pitch at soundbite length.
Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it has something to do with the fact that he can't outright say Star Trek did this that or the other because the shows aren't done by Paramount.
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched it last night. It was very tongue-in-cheek, and pretty funny. And yes, he did say that it was actually Star Trek and not him. I nearly fell over when Johnathan Frakes was "beamed" into a pub while still in his pajamas and brushing his teeth!

B.J.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps