Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Did Anyone See.......

Author Topic: Did Anyone See.......
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...... the new Movie, Double Jeopardy?

Before you go rambling on about what relevance this topic has to GD...... take some time to answer the question first.

(Hint: Ashley Judd)

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not Robin Lefler!

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The one and only...

I forgot about the fact that she guest starred in TNG's "The Game" as an engineer who had a very intersting time with Wesley Crusher when he visited the Enterprise. I'd say he never got that second date from her...

------------------
"All you people, can't you see, can't you see
How your love's affecting our reality
Everytime we're down
You can make it right
And that makes you larger than life"

-Backstreet Boys

Saltah'na
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guess I put too much of a hint in there........

So let me ask, how long did it take you to figure that out, huh? I was thinking that the name Ashley Judd was VERY familiar.

Significant difference in terms of age between "The Game" and "Double Jeopardy". How many years was that? Seven?

------------------
Except Temptation

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen the movie, but I remembered her... So it may have been too much of a hint.

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I absolutely love Ashley Judd and her TNG character Robin Lefler. And yes I have seen the new movie.

You probably realize this, but her character is one of the senior officers in the New Frontier Novels. There have been a couple of bad illustrations of her on the covers.

------------------
"Resolve and thou art free."

Saltah'na
Member # 33

Chief of Engineering? And is there any mention of her fling with Wesley?

------------------
Except Temptation

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She's a bridge officer in NF.

------------------
"One Tequila, Two Tequila, Three Tequila, Floor". George Carlin

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would imagine there might of been some legal issues over using her exact likeness. That is, if you meant the illustrations didn't look like her.

------------------
"This is where the adventure is. This is where heroes are made." - Dr. Bashir
Federation Starship Datalink - Starship site of the new millennium.

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

Most people that appear on the show have their likeness owned by Paramount, actually.

Terry Farrell once commented that if she were to wear a Starfleet uniform to a Hallowe'en party, that could be illegal in her case, IIRC.

------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*sees Paramount lawyer walking up to Trek actor* "I'm sorry, but you look too much like yourself. I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to look like someone else."

------------------
"It'd be a pity if every pencil on Earth suddenly collapsed in on itself and blew everything up."
-Krenim, TNO chat, September 30, 1999

Saltah'na
Member # 33

What about an ordinary person who seems to have an uncanny appearance to Terry, or Nicole, or Marina..... etc.

"I'm sorry, but you will have to remove that face....."

------------------
Except Temptation

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

If they steal/borrow/use an on-set Starfleet uniform and wear it in public, it's their likeness owned by Paramount.

But that's only if they have a specific kind of contract and not just if they have a passing resemblance, etc.

------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps