Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » TMP Peel-Off Graphics Book

Author Topic: TMP Peel-Off Graphics Book
MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recently stumbled across my copy of the ST-TMP Peel-Off Graphics Book and and I flipped through it saw some images and logos that I don't think I've seen accurately reproduced on various websites. A good example of this is the logo for the Epsilon Nine station, which I've seen on the web as this...
 -
...and this...
But the image from the book (which I believe far more authoritative), is this:

-

Does anyone know if the patches worn by the Epsilon Nine crew featured the text?

(I just saw that some images from this book are now on StarTrek.com)

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

Kobi
Member # 1360

- posted      Profile for Kobi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doesn't look as if there is text and doesn't look as if the black above the dish is disconnected

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Image:Branch.jpg

--------------------
Visit Andorian's office, with new section all about Kzinti!

MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, so it looks likely that the image from the Peel off Graphics Book is of a non uniform insignia, much like the Enterprise arrowhead on the ship doesn't look quite the same as the patches on the uniforms.

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks like a rice bowl.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It IS a rice bowl. Chopsticks are extra.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps