Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » New Trek Magazine out August 22nd

Author Topic: New Trek Magazine out August 22nd
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Star Trek Magazine
quote:
As the legendary Star Trek franchise approaches its 40th anniversary, we are proud to announce the launch of a brand-new bi-monthly STAR TREK MAGAZINE, which will take fans further into the Star Trek universe than ever before, with exclusive interviews, features and behind the scenes access.

Available bi-monthly from August 22, STAR TREK MAGAZINE will be the first place for fans to discover the latest news and updates on future projects direct from the studio and producers each issue. In Issue #1 we ask you to join us at the Captain�s Table as we interview every Star Trek Captain, from Kirk to Archer, and see if you have what it takes to be a Starfleet Captain! Cartoonist Dave Reddick and Star Trek Insider Dave Rossi bring us their regular Star Trek columns, we celebrate the 40 Reasons We Love Star Trek, and we look back at a classic episode in Flashback!

Plus, each issue of the magazine will feature more exclusive interviews with cast and production crew members, retrospective features, news on the latest merchandise, the inside scoop on the latest Star Trek projects, Star Trek questions answered, columns by Star Trek experts and insiders and much, much more.

Interesting, but I'm not all that enthused by what they've said about it. Personally, I'm more into the art (especially concept art) and tech stuff, not interviews.

B.J.

Zipacna
Member # 1881

- posted      Profile for Zipacna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That just sounds to me like it's a US release of the Star Trek monthly we've been getting over here for years. If that's the case, I wouldn't get too excited...unless it's changed in recent years, all it will be is a bunch of superficial interviews that repeat what you already know and letters from casual fans that repeat what you already know. [Razz]
HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to subscribe to "Star Trek: The Magazine" a few years ago. Still have the nifty T-shirt.
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to love Star Trek Magazine, but unfortunately I discovered it a few months before it was cancelled. This new one sounds alot like Star Trek Communicator than the original magazine. I hope that they include some content on starships like tech stuff and concept art ( or generally any info on the Trek universe) since I too found that to be the meat of the magazine.
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Communicator was the original magazine, Mars. I have issues of that going back to the beggining of TNG.Star Trek: The Magazine didn't start until much, much later.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't mean that it was the original magazine for Trek as in first published for the show, I meant that the "New" ST Magazine would not have anything in common with the the "original" Star Trek Magazine.
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yegh. It smells of Star Trek Monthly, which is an el-cheapo publication with zero interesting features. I don't need more interviews by actors and directors telling me how wonderful and nice the shows were.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still, it's not (quite) as lame as the Magazine schlocking out pie-charts of the percentage of new worlds/Federation worlds Kirk visited on TOS or ten articles on how many diffrent uniform variants he wore...

A nice (quarterly) starship/technology mag would be best.
With a reader gallery.
And a "best Trek websites" section.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hell the people on this board could probably line the pages with enough treknobabble to kill a moose.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or a deer in Snay's case...

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps