Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » More STXI rumors (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: More STXI rumors
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This time with Nimoy & Shatner.

http://www.cinematical.com/2006/08/31/shatner-and-nimoy-back-for-next-trek/

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Row, Row, Row your boat....

WOW, how imaginative to have a couple of crew members relive an episode from the past...

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They'll make wonderful background characters.
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exactly that formula has been suggested as far back as ST6, which EVERYONE hated. Doing that would have opened up thte door to a bunch of formulaic movies starting with some TOS person saying "hey, do you remember when..?" and then having a flashback movie. Granted, these days they have fewer options for TOS characters to do this, but it still leaves a bad taste.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know I believe I've gotten to the point where I really don't care about the future of Trek anymore. At this point it seems like nothing more than rehashed ideas and silly gimmicks like the aforementioned idea. When I care more about a Trek game than a movie, there's a problem. I think maybe we should say bye-bye to Trek, if at least for a while. I mean I still like it, I just feel like I've had my fill.
Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's nothing there but speculation and the fact that they've contacted Nimoy for something unspecified.

I'm not losing any sleep over speculation.

WizArtist II
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bring on the Kelvan Invasion. I see your sphere and raise you a dodecahedron.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

I'll see your dodecahedron and raise you a planet killer!
WizArtist II
Member # 1425

Dang Conehead.

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, just contacting them means nothing. Abrams might just have wanted to ask "We want to do this, and in a way that's not disrespectful to you both, so pretty please can you not dismiss the idea out of hand or spread nasty rumours behibnd our backs? And, while you're at it, if Matt or Josh want to come round and ask you for tips and insights into your characters, you'll at least indulge them and not just order them off your land, pursued by a cloud of buckshot?"

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
I'll see your dodecahedron and raise you a planet killer!

I fill your Planetkiller with beer and...er...drink it!

I'm hoping they are contacting Nimoy to reprise his roll as Galvatron for the TF movie.
Awwww yeah, baby.
They could do a movie of "Spock on Romulus as the Federation occupies the planet after Shinzon's overthrow, and the crew has to struggle to prevent a civil war as ..."

Naaa....just read this new interview!

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, that interview was funny! It almost sounded like they rehearsed that.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Note the part where they mention Abrams coming to Nimoy for advice.
Plus, did you see Shatner?!? Geez!
I bet he'd completely fill up the TOS captain's chair...and then some.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

They can store him in the shuttlebay.

Edit: I take your beer and replace it with Tranya!

WizArtist II
Member # 1425

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Note the part where they mention Abrams coming to Nimoy for advice.
Plus, did you see Shatner?!? Geez!
I bet he'd completely fill up the TOS captain's chair...and then some.

So would that make him a Kirk-Class refit?

I see your Tranya and raise you a Romulan Ale....for medicinal purposes only of course.

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps