Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Cruise Trekking through the Stars?

Author Topic: Cruise Trekking through the Stars?
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.postchronicle.com/news/original/article_21246020.shtml

Tom Cruise in the next Star Trek film? Oh god now I think there is something wrong, worse than Nemesis...

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just threw up a little in my mouth...

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Sigh) Good Grief
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I finally watched MI:III (prononced "Meeee") this week, and I don't get what the big deal is. Tom Cruise may only be able to portray Tom Cruise these days, but it's a predictable, enjoyable performance despite his real-life antics. Screw you guys, I'll watch it.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does Paramount "firing" him prevent him from doing a Paramount movie in the future? If so, he isn't gonna do Star Trek.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trekmovie.com has had several articles with people denying this is true.

I hope it's a load of bollocks not because of Cruise being a crazy scientologist, but because a Star Trek movie doesn't need Tom Cruise playing Tom Cruise in it. And I'd hate the triumphant return of Star Trek to the big screen to be instead thought of Tom Cruise's triumphant return to the big screen.

And what happens when he steals the Enterprise to search for Xenu?!

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That article looks completely made-up. They haven't even proven that stupid "Starfleet Academy" rumor yet (something that's been around since, oh, the dawn of time). Besides, they didn't need to recruit Tom Cruise to convince me to not watch the next movie. I'm not interested right now anyway.

Excuse me, I need to go watch South Park's "Trapped in the Closet" again...

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yikes!
I can't see this happening....

--------------------
o::{====> Alshrim Dax <====}::o

~ Cry Havoc - and let slip the dogs of war!

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Johnny:
quote:
And what happens when he steals the Enterprise to search for Xenu?!
How can you even ask such a question, boy? What will happen? He tasks Cruise! He tasks him!
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait wouldn't Cruise searching for Xenu be like Sybok searching for God...Star Trek V remake!

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps