Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Sisko in FC Scene?

Author Topic: Sisko in FC Scene?
The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to the page Internet Movie Database - Star Trek: First Contact (1996) a scene was filmed on DS9 where Sisko tells Worf to take the Defiant into battle. This scene, of course, wasn't used. I'd just never heard of this before - has anyone else?
Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe Rick Sternbach even denied that a scene with Sisko was even shot at all.

------------------
Presenting the NX-59650. It can slice! It can dice! It can seperate into THREE parts!!
Now available with THREE FULL warpcores!
But wait! Buy now, and get a free number upgrade to NX-74913!

To order, call: 0800-PROMETHEUS

The First One
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
. . . and, furthermore, that Kelsey Grammer DID say "Acknowledged" in the battle chatter, uncredited.
The First One
Member # 35

It says Brooks was paid for shooting the scene. . . let's "follow the money!" Neat signature, too. . . 8)
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A missed oppertunity. If they had shown/done the scene, DS9 would had to have made some reference to the Defiant being shot up in the battle.

------------------
Outside of a dog, a book is a mans best friend. Inside of a dog, it's to dark to read. Groucho Marx

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never heard of this before, but if they did film it, there'd be no more obligation to mention the Defiant's damage on DS9 than if they showed it at all (like they did)...

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do remember looking at an early script of the first part of the movie. It was remarkably similar to what was shown, but it did include the Sisko scene. Paramount might have denied it for money reasons, and Brooks isn't the most talkative man in the world.

------------------
You know, when Comedy Central asked us to do a Thanksgiving episode, the first thought that went through my mind was, "Boy, I'd like to have sex with Jennifer Aniston."

-Trey Parker, co-creator of South Park

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And why wasn't Sisko on the Defiant? He's certainly got an axe to grind with the Borg.

(Actually, if I think about it, it seems possible that Worf had the Defiant out on patrol somewhere, and hence while Sisko might have liked to be on it, he didn't have the chance.)

So, uh...it makes more sense not to have Sisko in the movie at all, because I don't see him turning command of the Defiant over to Worf in this instance.

Having said that, it would have made for a cool scene.

------------------
I do indeed and shall continue
Dispatch the shiftless man to points beyond
--
Soul Coughing

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So did Kelsey Grammer say "Acknowleged" or not? If not, it sounds EXACTLY like him.

------------------
"Resolve and thou art free."

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I rememeber back when FC was coming out, reading plot summaries that included the scene w/ Sisko. But I didn't know if they had actually filmed it. Considering that the addition of the Defiant to the battle was late in coming, I wouldn't have thought they would have filmed it.

I also recall someone saying that Kelsey Grammer recorded that line into a tape recorder while sitting on the toilet. Again, no idea whether or not it's true.

------------------
"It'd be a pity if every pencil on Earth suddenly collapsed in on itself and blew everything up."
-Krenim, TNO chat, September 30, 1999

The First One
Member # 35

I do know that at one point, Worf was planning to be away from DS9 when Keiko's second baby was born (which was due to be about the same time as the events of the film), having never recovered from the first experience! That he basically took the Defiant on patrol to get as far away as possible. One of TPTB said this was the reason, long before the movie came out, and in the end it wasn't mentioned in FC OR the episodes of the time. . . did anyone see Worf in the episode where Kira has the baby?
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think he talks with Odo during the events of "The Begotten".

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps