Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Is this what some of us have dreamed of doing?

Author Topic: Is this what some of us have dreamed of doing?
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/now-for-star-treks-enterprising-thesis/2006/08/27/1156617211732.html

[ April 21, 2007, 08:16 AM: Message edited by: AndrewR ]

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll take 4.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I managed to convince two of my English teachers in high school to let me write major essays about Star Trek. But it wasn't as fun as I'd hoped. I had to ridiculously exaggerate my comparison of TOS and DS9 to fulfill the requirements of the assignment, for example.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aparantly she hails from a world with no sun...or maybe she just watched all 700 episodes in one looong marathon, with the blinds closed and food delivered...

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The hell... its more odd than my speech for my Academic Decathlon final where I re-created ST: FC's Borg battle scene as a one man show.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OTOH, if she's just wear a black rubber skirt (or even those ultra-short TOS skirts) I'd probably date her.
Chalky white skin can be hot.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is old. I know it showed up in here last August when it was still fresh news.

Plus, boys, I get the vibe that she wouldn't be into a polyamorous lifestyle -- even if you did relocate to Australia. [Razz]

This sort of thing is not as uncommon as this news organ -- or the crowd here -- might like to imply. My high school here in Washington and a friend's college on the other coast both have sci-fi literature classes; in one of my college English courses, I wrote a descriptive essay using model construction and photography as the topic (entitled Sailing the Galaxy in a Three-Foot Ship); the Evergreen State College here in Washington has a Star Trek course tree; and let's not forget the Klingon language started as Marc Okrand's doctoral project in Linguistics.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my first semester at Fordham University, I wrote a piece on my then-disapproval of Star Trek Remastered. I think it got like a B-.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I'm already in Australia!! [Wink]

This wasn't just a paper or a course people - it was a Doctor of Philosophy... big-arsed thesis. Wow 700 hours of Trek, pale skin babe! She'd better have a good (AV) set-up! [Smile]

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She's married, Andrew. And has a daughter. [Razz]

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude, don't kill our dreams. As long as she's cute, and a sci-fi geek...

I wonder if she likes video games?

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

I'm killing your dreams in this regard because it's stupid. I know quite a few cute sci-fi geek firls who AREN'T married. Focus your attention there. Sheesh. Or are you guys all talk -- no action? :-P

--Jonah

--------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I am. Completely & utterly. But you know the reasons for that.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

Yeah, but I wasn't talking to you. [Wink]

--Jonah

--------------------

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geez, just go get some.

dsc00727

My page with more Star Trek randomness

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps