Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Star Trek TNG on DVD

Author Topic: Star Trek TNG on DVD
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paramount Pictures has become the latest studio to offer a "Complete Series" box-set, in this case, for " Star Trek: The Next Generation", originally released on the format in 2002.

Although they've announced the set, they haven't released information on packaging, price, or extra features. It streets October 2nd. If I were you, I'd hold off on buying this set and try to scoop the individual season sets off eBay. Once this set hits, I bet you those prices plummet as die-hard fans try to sell them so they can replace them with this.

While in 2007, October 2nd falls on a Tuesday, in 1987, it fell on a Friday, on a week referenced as "The Week of September 28th." Want to guess what television show premiered "The Week of September 28th" in 1987?

"Star Trek: The Next Generation."

It's a nice way to celebrate an anniversary.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I were me (and I am) I wouldn't bother with buying Trek DVDs at all. Mostly because if there's one show that's going to be constantly repeated on tv until the end of time, it's Star Trek.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only the DVDs will be commercial free and will not be cut for syndication.
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Plus there are those extras where everyone says how wonderful the family atmosphere was, ad nauseum. [Smile] Seriously, though, I already have four seasons on DVD and they cost quite a lot, so even if I could afford this new set, which is bound to cost over �100, I wouldn't buy it.

I'll be very keen to hear about new extras though.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure all the extras will end up on youtube. As for adverts etc, we have the BBC, which does occasionally still show trek...I think, been a while since I bothered watching it. Either way, I think my purchase of Firefly, Farscape, Babylon 5, Futurama, Battlestar Galactica and GiTS SAC 1 & 2 are quite sufficient for my sci-fi entertainment needs.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They were showing TNG on Saturdays.. but seem to have stopped now they've passed the shaky second season episodes.

TOS is still on, but usually at about 2-3 in the morning.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It seems like the last time I checked there was actually a really large amount of Star Trek on American TV on a daily basis.
HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There really is. Just on cable, though. Network, not so much anymore. [Frown]

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's quite expensive for only seven seasons. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps