Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » HMS Surprise

Author Topic: HMS Surprise
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just some random speculation here, and some minor research -- (prompted by an umpteenth viewing of "MACTFSOTW") -- looking up on Wikipedia the pages for STAR TREK GENERATIONS and the HMS ROSE (which portrayed HMS SURPRISE in "Master & Commander"). Is there any information on the ship that Paramount used to represent the ENTERPRIZE in the holodeck scene at the beginning of Generations? I haven't seen Generations in a couple of years, but it occured to me Paramount might've rented out HMS ROSE to portray her.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think in Generations the "Enterprise" was an old schooner called the "Lady Washington" if memory serves.

EDIT Here, also used as the HMS Interceptor in the first Pirates of the Caribbean film, apparently.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We here in the Seattle area are very familiar with the Lady Washington. *heh*

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps