Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Watching TNG/DS9 in order. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Watching TNG/DS9 in order.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The Assignment" was a GOOD episode. Keiko was CREEPY as in that episode.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:

Incidentally I watched it just yesterday. It is still not among my favorites. But I have discovered qualities in it that I previously didn't recognize just because I thought it was lame to have Miles and Keiko possessed by aliens yet again (in TNG: "Power Play" only the roles were switched).

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like that one episode of DS9 where it turns out O'Brien isn't really O'Brien but a clone created to kill some important figure.
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like that one where Avery Brooks can act. Oh wait, I don't believe I've seen that.... [Wink] Seriously, I saw a DITL poll where Avery Brooks was voted best actor of DS9 with a fair margin...wtf? I thought he was so terrible that casting him was the worst decision ever made. He never once made me feel like his character was real, or had any personality. He never made me feel that he was having an emotion. It all just seemed very, very fake. Like a high school play.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's a good actor, he just wasn't given a lot to do most of the time. Consider the ep where he channels Psycho Dax, the transition is one of the creepiest things I ever saw on Trek.

Philip Anglim, now there's a rubbish actor.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never had a problem with Avery Brook's acting, and I always felt his 'look' really suited where the show was. In the first few seasons he looked quite young and kind of naive and had a sort of wide eyed quality, just like the characters did with relation to the Gamma Quadrant. But then season 4 came along with the beginnings of the war, he had his grown up goatee(come to think of it, that turned up in Season 3 after the Dominion came into play) and bald head and he suddenly seemed much more substantial.

Only thing I didn't like was his weird emphasis on particular words in a sentence.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*shrug* The only thing I ever felt he clearly expressed was anger. Such as at Q, or at Garak when he blew up the Romulan Senator's shuttle.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bernd:
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:

Incidentally I watched it just yesterday. It is still not among my favorites. But I have discovered qualities in it that I previously didn't recognize just because I thought it was lame to have Miles and Keiko possessed by aliens yet again (in TNG: "Power Play" only the roles were switched).
LOL! No wonder the O'Briens had marriage issues... I can picture it now... in Ezri Dax's office.

Opening shot: Close up of Mile's O'Brien's face... he's sitting in a comfortable chair, sort of uneasy...

Camera pulls out to reveal Ezri Dax in another chair... next to O'Brien but in a separate chair is his Wife, Keiko O'Brien.

Miles: "It's just that there's no spark there anymore, Counsellor"

Counsellor: "Don't address me, address your wife"

Keiko: "Mile's there is plenty of Spark... what about when we... y'know brought in Kira... you didn't LIKE that!?!"

Miles: "Yeah that was good and all Keiko, but... I don't know how to say this..."

Counsellor: "Take your time, Miles"

Miles: "Keiko, you don't get possessed by alien beings as much as you used to..."

Keiko: "..."

Counsellor: "..."

Miles: "I KNEW I shouldn't have mentioned anything".

Keiko: "Well... your exact double planted by the Paradans, REALLY knew how to please me. And... and - so did the OTHER Miles O'Brien!"

Miles: "What? The Mirror Miles O'Brien - SMILEY!?!"

Keiko: "NOoooo. the REAL Miles O'Brien... you're that '15 minutes from the future version' that I'm stuck with."

Miles (Head in hand out of frustration): "You do REALISE that we are or we were one-in-the-same person, don't you... only he or I have a few different memories that he or I... GRRRRR I *HATE* Temporal Mechanics!!"

Counsellor: "OK, OK - no need to get uptight, Miles - we all get confused by it."

Keiko: (quietly in a snide manner that trails off): "Speak for yourself, girlfriend"

Counsellor: (obviously catching what Keiko had said) "Sorry, would you like to REPEAT that Mrs. O'Brien!?!"

Keiko: "Oh, nothing... nothing... I just said "that I must remember to errr... water my Yiridian Germaniums..."

Counsellor gives Keiko a dirty look.

Miles: "Look Keiko, you don't even TRY to get possessed anymore!?!" It's not like we are in short supply of creatures to posses you... there are LOADS of non-corporeal beings out there just itching to have a go in your nice firm, physical body."

Counsellor: "He's got a point, Keiko."

Keiko: "Quiet you or I'll chuck you out the nearest airlock!"

Counsellor looks horrified...

Miles: "Keiko... honey? Is that you in there."

Keiko says nothing...

Miles: "Honey, let me know, some how - is it you in there?"

Miles realises that this hasn't REALLY been Keiko the whole time...

Miles: "Look Counsellor, thanks for you help and your time... and I apologise for wasting your time but I errr... better get Keiko to the Infirmary and get Julian to check her out"

Counsellor is Taken aback.

Counsellor: "Oh... oh OK then - do you need any help"

Miles: "No I'm fine - I can handle things from here"

The next shot is of Miles and Keiko in post-coital bliss...

Miles: Hey I know it's not you in there Keiko... that was SOOOO sexy! sooo... fluid... sooo...

Keiko with the voice of none other than Constable Odo: "So... changelinglicious??"

Miles quickly jumps out of bed as what WAS Keiko has now coalesced into an orangey, blob that is now taking the familiar form of Odo!

Miles: WHAT THE HELL!?!

Odo: "Well, It was Keiko's idea... she had to make an emergency trip to Bajor to help deal with an outbreak of Salam Grass Fungus that has been spreading throughout the Rakantha Province... I owed Keiko a favour and well... here I am."

Miles is standing, naked backside to the universe... stunned - his jaw drops a few times but no words emerge.

Odo: "Well I can't stand here all day - I have a criminal activity report meeting with Major Kira at 0800 hours. I don't want to be late."

Miles (words manage to form and escape his mouth): "B-b-b-b-b-but ODO... that was just... it was just..."

Odo: "Yes??"

Miles: "SOOO GOOD!"

Odo shakes his head in a way that shows us that he still finds Solid behaviour quite... predictable.

Odo: "Miles, don't get your hopes up... besides... you better cut back on those Raktajinos"

Odo pats his own gut area as it appeared to bulge out a little, shook his head, huffed and walked out of the O'Briens quarters.

Computer voice can be heard:

"Incoming subspace message from Bajor, Rakantha province for Miles O'Brien from Keiko O'Brien"

The LCARS display is replaced with an image of Keiko... crops behind her stretch into the greenish haze of the Rakantha province behind her.

O'Brien is still standing there bewildered and gob-smaked.

Keiko has a knowing grin... "Ahhh I see Odo did that favour for me."

Close up on Miles' bewildered face... (whispered and high pitched, voice breaking) "Mummy!?!"

External View: Space Station

End Scene

Fade to Black

Cue Music

Roll Credits.

[Big Grin]

Well that was a sweet waste of 45 minutes [Wink]

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remind me, have you done a "Series ?" yet?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

No. I think i've only read one. :0

--------------------

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Ok. Now. Slash fiction. That's one thing. But ODO? ODO?? That's just weird no matter what gender is banging him.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

LOL! It wasn't intended to be slash - just a silly story. [Smile]

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps