Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Herbert! $$The Way to Eden Remastered$$ (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Herbert! $$The Way to Eden Remastered$$
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's nice to know that, even in these days of CGI VFX, Star Trek still honors that annoying tradition of reusing ship designs. This is the third time this ship has been used in TOS-R (first, as Harry Mudd's J-class cargo ship, then a Denevan ship, and now the Aurora), although here at least, the design makes the most sense, and we get to see it up close. It's way too small to be a cargo freighter, but just the right size for a small-crewed yacht. Judging by the size of those windows, the ship should be no bigger than a Greyhound bus. Contrary to Masao's thoughts, I like it, although they should have had the nacelle pylons swept up instaed of down, to be more in line with the original Aurora.
Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Dukhat, it really is an annoying tradition. At least, now there´s a rationale behind it. It is concievable that Harry Mudd's J-class cargo ship, the Denevan ship and the Aurora was built by the same, civilian, shipyard and slightly modified to serve several different companies needs (or individuals).

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, you mean it's like when you watch an old Quinn Martin cop show like The FBI and all the cars were Fords? [Smile]

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Weeeeellllll.... that's to do with sponsorship more than anything. [Razz]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God if a car company does a sponsorship like that in Star Trek...

La Forge: So we just received the new shipment of Type 13 Ford shuttles from Utopia Planitia... I think they look very hot with you driving up to Jupiter Station in one.

Data: Geordi, I am a Toyota man. Please do not get me started on reliability issues Ford has. The last thing the captain wants to hear is that I was getting towed back into the shuttlebay.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Besides, I can plug myself into the iPod jack."
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Masao:
So, you mean it's like when you watch an old Quinn Martin cop show like The FBI and all the cars were Fords? [Smile]

I always wondered why no one just out-walked Barnaby Jones.
Seriously, it's not like he could fight you or anything.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps