Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Newest trailer!!

Author Topic: Newest trailer!!
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG! OMG!

Look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7Bd5CRimRY

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm...planet kerplodes! Hope that's not Vulcan.
Also, spotted future Spock's ship doing a kamikaze run. Hope they didn't just give away his death scene! (I'm assuming of course that Nimoy won't survive the duration, given the reboot.)

Random observations:-
- So Kirk's old man wasn't the actual Captain of the Kelvin, but assumed command during the battle and it looks like Kirk does the same on the Enterprise. An odd bit of retroactive homage to Picard and the Stargazer.
- It seams as if the 24th Century Romulans still have a high opinion of Kirk. They never did hold as much of a grudge against him as the Klingons did.
- Young Spock is already an academy instructor, or at least an senior cadet.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More bigger: http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/startrek/

Woo! This is the best trailer yet, probably the best Trek trailer ever?

As usual, random unordered comments are the best I can do at times like these:

* Karl Urban is going to rock as McCoy.
* The Enterprise looks a lot better in motion and with good lighting than she does in that particular publicity render.
* Aliens! In a new style that seems far away from forehead-ridges, and seems to use CGI to a far larger extend than we've seen before in Trek. There are a few odd faces in the Academy crowd, and a particularly creepy alien on the bridge, to the right of Kirk as he sits down in the Captain's Chair. I wonder if we'll see anything recognizable beyond the Vulcans and Romulans (and supposed Klingons with ridge-helmets).
* He seems glossed over, but Captain Pike seems like one hell of a captain. Isn't it funny how NBC ordering a second pilot back in the sixties results in having 2 iconic Enterprise captains in this movie? I hope we get to see a bit of him in action before Kirk takes over (and Pike.. dies? or what? I don't want to know).
* Spock giving a speech at the Academy to Kirk (and McCoy.. wait, McCoy in SF Academy?). Are they going with Spock as part of Pike's crew before Kirk joins?

quote:
Hope that's not Vulcan
If the Countdown comics are antyhing to go by, it's possibly Romulus in the primary timeline.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like that trailer. I t makes me wish the movie came out next week. Towards the end, when Nero orders his crew to "fire everything", and the shots hit the enterprise, you can see Kirk, and the bridge go KAPLOOEEE!!!-I highly doubt he'd die, as there needs to be room for sequals, but it seems like the Enterprise takes a pretty heavy pounding. Interesting...

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that's the Kelvin whose bridge goes Kaplooee! I could be wrong though. Man, the new Trek trailer is out, U2 is playing at my university, and there's a new episode of BSG tonight. Best Day Ever!

Incidentally, there's an alternate version of the trailer shown in the UK.

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not gonna watch it online as I'm waiting till tomorrow to see the trailer attached to Watchman. I hope it is, anyway (here in the UK, that is).

lol, I'm avoiding spoilers for an advert.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I literally cried when I watched this trailer. Cried like a little girl. This is the best trailer for a Star Trek movie I've ever seen.
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your not being sarcastic are you? [Wink]
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
I think that's the Kelvin whose bridge goes Kaplooee! I could be wrong though. Man, the new Trek trailer is out, U2 is playing at my university, and there's a new episode of BSG tonight. Best Day Ever!

Incidentally, there's an alternate version of the trailer shown in the UK.

After looking at the pictures in that link, I think you're right. The bridge looks different, and the chair's different as well. In fact, it almost looks like a more traditional Trek bridge design ( as in, anything we've sen in the past, and not the iPod bridge). COuldn't discern that from the vid though.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's one more confirmed shot of the Kelvin bridge, from an MTV piece on the new movie: http://img.trekmovie.com/images/st09/st09mtv_bts_04_b.jpg

It gives another tantalizing glimpse of the TOS-like colorscheme of this set.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've watched the trailer like 9 times already. It's truley epic. Let's just hope they haven't shown the coolest parts of the movie in the trailer like they did for Nemesis. Something tells me they haven't though.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

At least one thing hasn't been touched at all in the trailers: the time travel Future Spock business. If you didn't read spoilers etc., that is a largely avoided subject in the promotion.

--------------------

FawnDoo
Member # 1421

- posted      Profile for FawnDoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Old Spock has appeared in one of the trailers - I think it came out towards the end of last year and featured him delivering the "live long and prosper" line. It doesn't explicity mention time travel, but does show that he's in the movie.

--------------------
Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
At least one thing hasn't been touched at all in the trailers: the time travel Future Spock business. If you didn't read spoilers etc., that is a largely avoided subject in the promotion.

Well there is the line "James T. Kirk was a great man, but that was another life."
Out of context that might not raise any red flags to the unspoilerfied, but it's there nonetheless.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps