Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » The Borg, numbers, and unimatrices (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Borg, numbers, and unimatrices
Individual 5748
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To Omega: Here's your list

FROM TV:
Species 116 - Arturis' species (Hope and Fear)
Species 125 - Borg Queen's species (Dark Frontier)
Species 149 - (Mortal Coil)
Species 218 - Talaxians (Mortal Coil)
Species 259 - from Galactic Cluster 3 (The Gift)
Species 262 - (The Omega Directive)
Species 263 - (The Omega Directive)
Species 329 - Kazon (Mortal Coil, Relativity)
Species 521 - Shebolians (Survival Instinct)
Species 571 - Species of Four of Nine (S. Instinct)
Species 3259 - Vulcans (The Raven)
Species 4228 - Hazari (Think Tank)
Species 5174 - (Hunters, I think)
Species 5618 - Humans, Terrans, whatever we are :-)
Species 6291 - Yridians (Equinox)
Species 6339 - (Infinite Regress)
Species 6961 - Ktarians (Dark Frontier)
Species 8472 - (Scorpion)
Species 10026 - (Dark Frontier)

FROM BOOKS:
Species 13, the Ku (aka Tuktak)(Seven of Nine)
Species 407, the Lennli (Seven of Nine)
Species 1811, ?, (Seven of Nine)
Species 2822, ?, (Seven of Nine)
Species 4774, the Skedans, (Seven of Nine)

There you go!

------------------
"Questions, comments, bring them to me. Problems, take them to Kinis."

IP: Logged
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you kindly!

And I think 6339 was called the Cataadi.

------------------
Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons; for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was also a primitive species listed in the teens, somewhere. I'm tempted to say species 1, but I don't think that's right. From "The Omega Directive".

------------------
"If you are going to be my girlfriend please don't dump me after I like you."
--
Michael

Individual 5748
Ex-Member

The Caatati were from "Day of Honor," and they weren't given a number. Species 6339 didn't get a name, I'm pretty sure.

From "The Omega Directive," I'm also relatively sure that the two I have listed are the only two mentioned. Unless, of course, this was when UPN was hacking away at Voyager episodes and there were two versions of each episode, on longer than the other. However, I believe that was only with season 5, so the two listed are probably it. Trust me, I've kept track.

------------------
"Questions, comments, bring them to me. Problems, take them to Kinis."

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for posting the numbers. Very useful

------------------
"When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way."
A somewhat different Janeway in VOY: "Living Witness"
Ex Astris Scientia

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BTW, does anyone think that the number of 1 trillion Borg in the Unimatrix is exaggerated? I mean, the Borg probably have many trillions of drones, but I doubt that the population of hundreds of planets can be concentrated in the Unimatrix even if it is as huge as featured in DF. A Borg cube has a crew of "only" about one hundred thousand (I don't know where I got this number, but this is not that much considering the huge size of a cube), and the Unimatrix would be equivalent to 10 million(!) (27km)^3 cubes or one (646km)^3 cube (bigger than the second Death Star ).

------------------
"When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way."
A somewhat different Janeway in VOY: "Living Witness"
Ex Astris Scientia

[This message has been edited by Bernd (edited November 11, 1999).]

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wasn't the Ferengi number also mentioned somewhere in an episode (Infinite Regress??)

------------------
"Scan that ship Mr. Worf!"
"Aye sir, 600 DPI?"

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the 100,000 figure comes from "Dark Frontier". And Seven regressed to a Ferengi in "Infinite Regress", but I'm unsure if we got a species name...

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
129,000, I believe. Just one of the useful facts available from my Borg page, assuming such an endeavor is ever completed.

------------------
"If you are going to be my girlfriend please don't dump me after I like you."
--
Michael

M of S
Ex-Member

Delurking, I finally have something to add! It would make sense (to me, at least!) that the Vulcans have a lower number - wouldn't the Borg have "discovered" them much earlier than humans, who remained Earthbound considerably longer, of of little interest to the Borg before Cochrane and the ensuing centuries' events? I wasn't under the impression that the Borg went around methodically catalogueing and conducting census sweeps of sectors of space - rather, that they scanned for recognizable signs of species that would prove useful to them (more efficient!)
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps