Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Klingon Appearance! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Klingon Appearance!
Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did anyone who's read the final draft script to "Broken Bow" notice this bit, when the crew enters the Klingon High Council chambers?

quote:
Scene 232
"Twenty or so other Klingons stand below them, including numerous armed guards. Most are Klingons as we've seen them but a few appear completely HUMAN."

Could it be that, even if there's no discussion, there are going to be original-series Klingons in Enterprise afterall? Sure seems like it to me... at least as of May 11. Maybe they changed their minds since then. It's a shame if they did.

[ September 06, 2001: Message edited by: Ryan McReynolds ]

--------------------
Enterprise: An Online Companion

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow thats a hella spoiler...

I'd love just leaving it at 'We don't like to discuss it' but then they go and make a prequel

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So where's this final draft script to be read? I've only seen the May 1st version, and it makes no mention of humanlike Klingons yet.

Timo Saloniemi

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doesn't explain Kor, Kang, and Koloth. I wish they'd just do it all as ridge-heads, and ignore Worf's "Tribble Redeux" line.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe that's why the Klingon never talk about it...it's too confusing to explain...

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Timo:
So where's this final draft script to be read?

Boris Skrbic sent me my copy. It's a PDF, heavily annotated by "The Facer." Most of the commentary is negative, of the lame "Berman and Braga suck" variety rather than something useful... but, it is the May 11 final draft, and as far as I can see it's genuine. I have the May 1 plain-text version as well, and the differences are relatively minor, as one would expect from a final draft. However, there are some major changes, most notably...

BIG SPOILERS CAPTAINMIKE!

...T'Pol making out with Tucker in the decon chamber. Seriously. After Tucker says that Vulcans are predictable in the May 1 draft, the May 11 draft continues...

quote:

T'Pol stares at Tucker enigmatically.

T'POL: You consider us predictable?

Without warning T'Pol embraces Charlie and KISSES him hard on the mouth. He struggles, startled at her strength - she's almost crushing him! - then CHARLIE RESPONDS.

And from there it continues as normal with Archer waking up. It makes Charlie's glance at T'Pol when Archer asks him what they've been doing in the next scene make more sense. At the same time, there is no further discussion and no ultimate explanation or closure to the issue. It may, in fact, be a fabrication by The Facer or someone else, as may be the human/Klingon thing. Who knows? Given that the rest seems accurate, I'm assuming it's all real until I have reason not to.

--------------------

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think if we do see some human-like klingons mixed with normal klingons, it would be safe to assume that Klingons of certain houses removed thier spines up there, as they did nothing.

Soon, it became forbidden or taboo to do so... or something.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hm... Suddenly, things are looking a little less promising...
Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The most logical answer is...
They're screwing with history again!
"Hey, guys, let's make the Klingon first contact date 67 years earlier than what was canonically said before!"
"Yeah!"

--------------------
Meh

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hey, guys, let's make the Klingon first contact date 67 years earlier than what was canonically said before!"

Please not again. I think there are now at least 10 posts where people explain what McCoy really said.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

quote:
Originally posted by Spike:

Please not again. I think there are now at least 10 posts where people explain what McCoy really said.

Here's one more, just to be sure:

In "Day of the Dove" (TOS), set in 2268, it was said that there had been fifty years of hostilities with the Klingons. No mention of when first contact was.

In Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, set in 2293, it was said that there had been seventy years of hostilities with the Klingons. No mention of when first contact was.

In "First Contact" (TNG), it was said that first contact with the Klingons was centuries prior. That episode was set in the 2360s... so first contact, canonically, was prior to the 2160s. Enterprise is set in 2151, so it fits perfectly with the only canon reference to first contact with the Klingons.

--------------------

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, OK. So, we won't have hostilities with the Klingons for nearly 60 years! If they show any Klingon/early Federation group hostilities at all during the series, they'll have screwed with history.
You can't deny that.

--------------------
Meh

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yes, "hostilities" being such a rigorously defined term in the field of international politics.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Veers,

Pull the anal probe out and get a life.

The U.S. and the U.S.S.R. had "hostilities" from WWII until the end of the Cold War.

There were "hostilities" before World War II, but there weren't any hostilities (to speak of) during the War.

However, to say that the U.S. and the U.S.S.R. were best buddies before WWII would be inaccurate.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Veers, are you so determined to have this show screw 'history' over?

No matter what you hear, you always try to think up a new way for it being 'inaccruate'. Well sir, you need a life. And yes, I'm known to say it alot, but this time I'm serious. Shut the fuck up and play else where little boy.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps