Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Premiere date moved forward?

Author Topic: Premiere date moved forward?
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A few online reports are cropping up from several people who caught Ent Promos tonight that said the show premieres on September 24. Might (in the case of some individual stations, if not the whole network) it be have slid ahead to dodge the behemoth premiere of The West Wing now slated for September 26?

I'd be, well, pleased by this solution to the "which one to tape/is it possible to tape" dilemma. And one cannot stress enough the importance that the Broken Bow lose half of its potentially curious new viewers because they really really want to see what's next for Bartlet et al.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's probably "WEEK of September 24"...they like doing that.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The reason they used to do that so much is that TNG and DS9 were syndicated, so the stations got the show 'scheduled for the week of September 24th' and could show it whenever the hell they wanted to between monday the 24th and sunday the 30th. My stations showed it on saturday, and another locality showed it on monday because they had a big Trek audience, so there were some kids i knew that got to see every TNG and DS9 five days ahead of me. You think the spoilers are bad here? Kids are so mean-spirited....

[ September 16, 2001: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. After hearing your pain over waiting 5 whole days, I'm sure Andrew feels much better over the several months he's been waiting for "Endgame".

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Fedaykin Supastar
Member # 704

- posted      Profile for Fedaykin Supastar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we dont even get Trek on Cable here in singapore (at leats the new stuff) AFAIK

poor me

Buzz

--------------------
"Tom is Canadian. He thereby uses advanced humour tecniques, such as 'irony', 'sarcasm', and werid shit'. If you are not qualified in any of these, it will be risky for you to attempt to decipher what he means. Just smile and carry on."
- PsyLiam; 16th June

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll email everyone 'Endgame' in .ASF format so we can talk about it

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
VOY was never shown "on time" (Wednesday nights) here (except for season six when a different station carried it). The stations that carried it for seasons 1-half of 4 and season 7 showed it on Saturday nights. So, just because it isn't syndiacted, ENT won't necessarily air the same time everywhere.
capped
Member # 709

That's true.. i just checked, even though UPN is a network with fixed programming, many more rural UPN stations actually share programming with the WB, so they move stuff around to avoid conflicts

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, let's see. On the stations I get, it'll be airing Wednesday at the same time on UPN and CityTV (although on CityTV regular broadcasts will probably be an hour earlier I think), Thursdays on ASN, and SPACE on Sundays. Those are only the ones I know about. There'll probably be other channels that carry it. Once you get 300 some odd channels, shows are on all the time. I swear, there's an episode of The Simpsons on every half hour every day...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Enterprise most certainly is syndicated. The local FOX affiliate has it scheduled for Voyager's old timeslot here, 6 PM on Saturdays.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's only "syndicated" in areas where there isn't a UPN station. It's still a network show...
capped
Member # 709

TSN just stated my point already while i was typing.. damn

oh well

[ September 17, 2001: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, duh.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps