Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » $$$$ Spoiler on the new ep. (one after Tera Nova) $$$$

Author Topic: $$$$ Spoiler on the new ep. (one after Tera Nova) $$$$
BlueElectron
Member # 281

- posted      Profile for BlueElectron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, we see the Andorian for the first time.

Funny looking dudes with blue skin and two "cute" moving antennas sticking out of their forehead.

The leader Andorian was played by the same guy who played Weyoun (spelling?)

We also found out that Vulans are big fat stinkin' liar who hide a GIGANTIC spy station under some supposingly monastery to monitor the Andorian even though there's a treaty that forbid the Vulcan to do so...

That's about it, and oh yeah, Archer got his ass kicked quite a bit in this ep.

--------------------
"George Washington said, 'I cannot tell a lie.'
Richard Nixon said, 'I cannot tell the truth.'
Bill Clinton said, 'I cannot tell the difference.'"

-- comedian TOM SMOTHERS, from his latest stage act with brother DICK SMOTHERS.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's safe to say everyone knows what Andorians look like. :-)
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, the Andorians are those big dark dudes with the fangs and miniature replicas of the Rocky Mountains on their heads, right?

All humor aside, we've already discussed the updates on the makeup for the Andorians (comparing the two instances from TOS and the one from TNG). I think that the update on the makeup is pretty good; the new forehead piece is not just a new series of ridges. It's just an extrusion that blends quite nicely into the antennae. And, yep, Jeffery Combs (formerly Weyoun and Brunt from DS9) stars as the lead Andorian character.

As far as the rest of the episode, I am curious about some of the other specifics. Can we get some more detail on the Vulco-Andorian Treaty and the circumstances and summaries of dialog involving this sensor platform? It seems to me that this could be a continuity problem; it also seems that it may not be depending on how it compares to Tuvok's undercover work in "Caretaker" or Spock's intentional deception in The Wrath of Khan and The Undiscovered Country.

Also, is this episode more centered on the crew of Enterprise being thrust into this dispute between the Vulcans and Andorians or is primarily a Vulcan/Andorian episode with the Enterprise crew showing up when necessary?

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps