Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » $$$$My favorite scene-"Andorian Incident"$$$$

Author Topic: $$$$My favorite scene-"Andorian Incident"$$$$
colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As they attempt to sleep through the night, Captain Archer offers to share his blanket with Sub-Commander T'Pol. Under the blanket, they talk about their situation. In the course of this conversation, the captain angers the sub-commander who, in response, then pulls the entire blanket over her body. Poor Archer had no blanket and no comfort from the cold night. This was a fantastic scene.

[ October 31, 2001: Message edited by: targetemployee ]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen the ep yet, but I think I'm missing something. Were the captain and Tucker somehow merged à la "Tuvix"?
colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TSN,

Oops.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love it so much when people feel they have to start a new thread about the episode instead of placing it in one of the other two threads dedicated to it.

Anyhoo ... Archer still seemed to have enough of a blanket. Looked pretty thin to me, though.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh... Well, it's probably some space-age Vulcan burlap. Keeps 'em potatos warm all through the winter, they do.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite scene??

DR. Phlox stumpin' T'Pol.

Only the good doctor can stump the vulcan using the very logic the vulcans' say makes them superior to everyone else.

Phlox is slowly becoming one of my favorite characters.

When he picked her plate and showed T'Pol that he is more open to diversity than the vulcan are ... I want into a guffaw!! My wife thinks i'm nuts!!

--------------------
o::{====> Alshrim Dax <====}::o

~ Cry Havoc - and let slip the dogs of war!

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Possibly because you are.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL !!

--------------------
o::{====> Alshrim Dax <====}::o

~ Cry Havoc - and let slip the dogs of war!

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Phlox stuff was excellent, yes.

"What's that old Vulcan saying? Infinite diversity...?"

Nyrath the nearly wise
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The scene with Phlox is a classic. He skillfully demonstrates that T'Pol is not practicing what she preaches. He too is slowly becoming my favorite character.

The blanket scene with Archer and T'Pol is a dilemma faced by many men. When the lady you are sleeping with rolls over and swipes all the blankets, what do you do? Be a gallant gentleman and freeze all night, or be toasty by rudly yanking some blankets back?

This reminds me of a scene from the movie The Abyss which is only funny if you are married.

The man is sleeping in a cot in the control room. His wife is sitting at the head of the cot, writing on a clip-board.

He starts to snore. She doesn't even look up and says "Turn over, dear".

And he does!

IP: Logged
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nyrath the nearly wise:
When the lady you are sleeping with rolls over and swipes all the blankets, what do you do? Be a gallant gentleman and freeze all night, or be toasty by rudly yanking some blankets back?

I usually take that as my cue to cuddle up. Something tells me that wouldn't have been a good idea in this instance.

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps