Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Today's ST 10 and Series 5 rumors (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Today's ST 10 and Series 5 rumors
Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got the following here:http://db.trekweb.com/stories/1999/11/08/942109427.html

"An attendee reports that he confirmed that a fifth series is indeed "in the works," according to the student attendee, and Paramount has chosen a story premise presented by Rick Berman and himself. Braga also commented that the new show will be VERY different, with "close to zero technobabble" and would be very contemporary. Finally, he also confirmed that he will be staying with Voyager through its final seventh season. " - Posted: Mon Nov 08 20:03:47 1999

------------------
Alshrim Dax

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Contemporary"? Contemporary to our time? This doesn't sound good at all. Will it be a pre-pre-TOS show? This wouldn't be much of Star Trek anymore.

------------------
"When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way."
A somewhat different Janeway in VOY: "Living Witness"
Ex Astris Scientia

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
not to start an inter-trek-board conflict, but I think the rumors at trekweb are about as reliable as my psychic predictions for the future.

------------------
Calvin: "No efficiency, no accountability... I tell you, Hobbes, it's a lousy way to run a Universe." -- Bill Watterson

Striker
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agreed. Go to trektoday.com and warp11.com more reliable. As far as rumors go.

------------------
-Striker
kob.diabloii.net

IP: Logged
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Better yet, all rumormongers should be tarred, feathered, and vigorously sued. And their files handed over to the IRS.

------------------
Calvin: "No efficiency, no accountability... I tell you, Hobbes, it's a lousy way to run a Universe." -- Bill Watterson

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Here's the latest from Trek Galaxy News:

Rick Berman and Brannon Braga have, for the second time, pitched Paramount their concept for Series 5, the new, unnamed Trek series set to begin in August 2000 or January 2001. The concept was evidently a Trek prequel set around the time of the Federation's birth. And Paramount turned them down cold.

Read all about it:
http://user.super.net.uk/~nikolas/index.html

------------------
Alshrim Dax

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps