Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Trek X: The Ultimate Spoiler ??? ($$$$)

Author Topic: Trek X: The Ultimate Spoiler ??? ($$$$)
Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WARNING: This thread includes spoilers of the very last DS9 episodes and maybe even recent Voyager episodes!

What do I mean with the title? Allow me to explain:

When I saw First Contact we (the people in Holland) hadn't seen 'Way of the Warrior' yet. We did know about the Defiant, but we were surpriced to see Worf on board.

Trek X is probably, I repeat: PROBABLY going to be a TNG/DS9 hybrid, or may even include Voyager...
There are bound to be countries out there who haven't seen either the last DS9 episodes or even the last Voyager eps by that time.

So, how will they react when they see Picard and Janeway (wearing the latest in Starfleet fashion) in Kira's office. Janeway asking: "What happened to Sisko?", and Kira replying: "He's dead Jane...".

I can hear people going "What the F*CK??" in Dolby Surround Stereo...

See what I mean???

=\V/=

[This message has been edited by Altair (edited November 23, 1999).]

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Wheels out the Anti-Fake-Barely-Spoiler Cannon of Great Destructive Power (AFDBSCGDP)*

*aims*

*BLAMMO!!!*

------------------
Calvin: "No efficiency, no accountability... I tell you, Hobbes, it's a lousy way to run a Universe." -- Bill Watterson

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sisko's not dead.

------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the words of Lou Costello, "he's HIDING!"

May I add my ordinance to the anti-spoiler firestorm...

*the patented Montgomery Mega-Cluttie-Dumpling-Hurler is pushed into position, witha steaming cloth-wrapped dumpling in place...*

Ka-wham.........
SPLAT!!!!

------------------
"You will be swept away....
You, your men, your ship, your WORLDS!"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Erm... Last I heard, there were no plans for the next movie to be anything but a purely TNG story, right?

------------------
"General Hammond: Request permission to beat the crap out of this man."
-Colonel O'Neill, Stargate: SG-1: "Bane"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, last I heard, there weren't any plans for the next movie period, beyond whatever vague "I wonder what our next movie should be" thoughts that are running around in Berman and co.'s heads.

------------------
"It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. But then the winter came and the grasshopper died and the octopus ate all his acorns, and then he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?."
--
Futurama

Lt. Tom
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The next movie will involve people on a starship and/or station.
IP: Logged
Michael Dracon
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess that answers the question with a big NO...

First: I added the $$$$ for savety, just in case we were going to discuss something of DS9 or Voyager....

Second: Let's turn this into a question:

Do you want to see a movie that shows the 'final state' of DS9, or even to show Voyager (if the movie is shown after Voyager's 7th season AND if Voyager makes it home)???

=\V/=

[This message has been edited by Altair (edited November 24, 1999).]

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to see any movie except for the following two plots:
- It's a DS9 "reunion" movie, and miraculously O'Brien suddenly returns from Earth or wherever he has gone, accidentally meets Worf, and they have nothing better to do than go to the Prophets to meet Sisko to go search Odo. Just in case the appearance of Worf in Insurrection was not annoying enough...
- It's a TNG movie where characters are systematically being killed off because the actors' financial demands are too high (Stewart) or they don't want to play an aging android (Spiner).
I hate if such real world copnsiderations lead to a ludicrous plot. In this case I would prefer a Trek movie with completely unknown actors maybe in the Pre-TOS era.

------------------
"When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way."
A somewhat different Janeway in VOY: "Living Witness"
Ex Astris Scientia

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If Voyager makes it home before the end of her series or during the last episode of her series, my belief is that there will never be a movie made about her. I think it's too bad cause I'd love to see what happens to the Doc and Seven.

If the series end with the crew still on their way home, maybe.

I want to see a DS9 crossover with the TNG cast on the big screen but the fan concensus seems to be that there should be one more TNG movie first.

$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
Is Sisko dead? He is "With the Prophets". But does that mean that he was transported into their realm before dying, or did he die as a human and was then resurrected some sort of spiritual being like the Prophets?

I think it's open to debate and was intentionally left vague.

------------------
"Resolve and thou art free."

Michael Dracon
Member # 4

That's more like it

Let me answer my own question:

I'd like to see a small TNG/DS9 crossover that would not be a major spoiler. For example: Include Bashir and Ezri in the movie, or something like that.
I don't think it's a good idea to put much in Trek X of what happened in DS9's last episodes. Make it an overal TNG movie with a bit of DS9.

As for the "He's dead Jane" above, that was supposed to be a joke. It sounds a lot like Bones' famous words: "He's dead Jim".

I think it's a great idea to make a movie with Sisko, but not until movie #11 or #12 or so.

=\V/=

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only problem with having parts of DS9 in the movie without explaining what happened after, is that by the time we get around to the issue again, 6 or 7 years have gone by and so much of the story has been lost.

Now that I think about though, a 7 year pick up wouldn't be that bad as long as we find out a little about what happened to Bajor DS9 and the Federation in the wake of the war before then.

------------------
"Resolve and thou art free."

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't be surprised if they try to do another borg movie. Then you could bring in Janeway and Seven at the least. Maybe a combination of my idea of the beginning of a new era of peace in Alpha and an all-out borg attack?

------------------
Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons; for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the Borg plot is exhausted, unless they come up with an exciting new revelation or turning-point. Maybe something about their true origin. Not a simple Borg attack, please, even if it't hundreds of cubes which would look great on the big screen. The Borg would have to be defeated within 90 minutes or so, and here we go again.

------------------
"When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way."
A somewhat different Janeway in VOY: "Living Witness"
Ex Astris Scientia

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps