Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Something's missing on the Enterprise-E bridge

Author Topic: Something's missing on the Enterprise-E bridge
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just noticed from watching Star Trek: Insurrection for the 121th time, the consoles that were with Troi and Riker's seats are missing. There were duty consoles present during ST:First Contact but not in Insurrection.

------------------
I don't care who you are, where you're from
What you did, as long as you love me.
Who you are, where you're from

-Backstreet Boys

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not all bridges have duty consoles similar to Riker and Troi's stations. In fact, the Alternate Enterprise-D in Yesterday's Enterprise didn't have a chair for the First officer!!!!

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's true, but I was just saying that those consoles are missing in "Insurrection" and that does it mean while the ship was being repaired from near Borgification it was removed, or the entire bridge module for that matter. There are minor differences of the bridge seen FC and the one seen in Insurrection.

------------------
I don't care who you are, where you're from
Who you are, where you're from

-Backstreet Boys

Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would guess that they either modified the bridge or put in a new module altogether.

------------------
Death before Dishonor!
However Dishonor has
quite a disputed defintion.

KXZ
Member # 119

- posted      Profile for KXZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Probably just everday refinements to the bridge such as on the Enterprise D. Parts of he first seaons bridge of the Enterprise-D was a lot different that the rest of the show. I never really did like those stations in front of Riker and Troi during First Contact.

------------------
All hands, abandon ship! All hand, abandon...
BOOM!

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The view-screen is different in "Insurrection" too. "First Contact" had the virtual viewer but "Insurrection" had a permanent one.

------------------
"Forgive me if I don't share your euphoria!" (Weyoun to Dukat, Tears of the Prophets)
Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post 
I always wondered about that holographic viewscreen. . . I mean, do they expect us to believe that until they got to the battle, they were just staring at a blank wall?

Anyway, this should be in Starships. It's there now. 8)

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps