Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Berman on Series 5

Author Topic: Berman on Series 5
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At the TrekToday http://www.trektoday.com/ website, they have an excerpt from an interview with Rick Berman that appeared in ST Communicator #125. He says that a new series will probably air in fall 2000 or January 2001. He is waiting for a green light from Paramount to work on the script. No details were given about the name or time frame of the new show.

Also, the tenth movie is in a less developed state than the new series and would probably not appear until fall 2001. Whether it will be a TNG-only cast or will have cast from other shows has not been decided.

------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Berman is the last person to tell us the true deal about series 5. What I want to know is: Where have all the rumours gone?!

------------------
"You see, unlike you I understand history!
My name will blaze across the stars long after your petty treachery has been for-gotten !!!"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lets start a campaign NO NEW SERIES FOR at least 5 YEARS!

Andrew

------------------
"Its a CLOCK!" - Sisko, "Dramatis Personae" DS9.

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to SFX's website and read that is was Braga they interviewed: Exerpt:

"Braga and Rick Berman "have been discussing a new series for many months, but the concept we have in development is so premature I don't feel comfortable talking about it. It's very different, but it captures the essence of Star Trek."

The nature of the new series has been the subject of intensive internet speculation, one of the more persistent being a series based in the Starfleet Academy. Braga has carefully denied these. Another concern is that after some five series (remember the cartoon?), and nine films - is there anything left for Star Trek to say? Should it just quit while it's ahead?

"Star Trek needs a rest; a lot of people believe that, and personally I think that," Braga said. "But at the same time, if you have the right concept there can be no doubt that a new series will do well. There will always be an appetite for Star Trek, knock on wood."

OK - so will Voyager EVER get back to Earth? Yes, says Braga. OK, when? in the very last episode, or earlier on, so we get some readjustment and so on? "That's the last question that seems yet to be resolved," Braga said."

Vague or what !!! :P

At least we know Voyager get home..

------------------
- Alshrim Dax
The Other Dax

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would have been pretty surprised if they were never going to bring Voyager home. It seems inevitable. It would also be a nice way to end the series IMO. I don't envy the writer of the "return" episode though - it's gonna have to be BIG.

The Original Dax

------------------
"Forgive me if I don't share your euphoria!" (Weyoun to Dukat, Tears of the Prophets)
Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Being an amateur writer.. I've flirted with a story line !! But it's changed so many times now .. I forget where i left it !!

My initial idea was to have the dominion find a subspace rift that led to the DQ.

Voyager intercepts and engages the DOminion when they find out that they are pillaging a planet of it's recourses after receiving a distress call from the Natives.

With the rift open, Harry picks up some Subspace communication that comes from Starfleet ... they were about to engage the DOminion ...

Of course.. now the war is over.. I can't use that story line.. But it had potential..

------------------
- Alshrim Dax
The Other Dax

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could still use the Dominion. Since the Alpha Quadrent take over failed, maybe they could find that rip in space, and try to take over the Delta.

------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I'd love to write about ten episodes of them getting home, myself.

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The problem is that anything less than perfection will make the VOY homecoming anticlimactic and unsatisfying.

The Dominion in the Delta Quadrant? Makes me think Jem'Hadar vs Borg. That would be cool. The Borg would likely swiftly kick ass though.

------------------
"Forgive me if I don't share your euphoria!" (Weyoun to Dukat, Tears of the Prophets)
Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

I thought of that meself !

I've also thought of a story with 8472 helping them get home ! But not a lot of details there tho'

------------------
- Alshrim Dax
The Other Dax

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps