Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Re: the Klingon Homeworld

Author Topic: Re: the Klingon Homeworld
Saboc
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was watching the "Undiscovered Country" and something confused me. One of the admirals in the initial meeting (toward the beginning of the movie) mentioned something about the Klingon Empire had 50 years left because their homeworld's ozone layer was depleting. TNG, to my knowledge, did not mention anything about that. More than one occasions they showed Quo'nos (sp) as a healthy planet. So, what happened? Did they find a way to regenerate the ozone layer or what?

------------------
"The Founder is wise in all things..."
"We live to serve the Founders..."

IP: Logged
KXZ
Member # 119

- posted      Profile for KXZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have always also wondered that. I just assumed that they invented new technologies to fix the problem.

------------------
All hands, abandon ship! All hand, abandon...
BOOM!

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best guess is that the Federation had some sort of Technology that could clean this mess. The Klingons divert almost all of their resources into their war machine, and they could care less for the Scientists. Perhaps the Khitomer accords had a stipulation that said that the Federation could help clean out the mess on Q'ono'S.

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

Lt. Tom
Ex-Member

That's what I've always figured.

"The Klingons wish to negotiate a cease-fire. It may have something to do with the fact that they have fifty years of air left."

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If that is true, you'd think they would be forever grateful and have a debt towards the federation. That would be the honorable thing, wouldn't it?

$
$

I guess their forgetting of that debt in the future, should it be true, has something to do with the loss of ethics and honor and lust for power that Martok talks about, describing the present empire in that episode where Gowron wants him dead all the time. Yes, that was the dollar-sign.

I really liked that overview picture in ST-VI, showing Camp Khitomer, with the Starfleet guy and the klingon, talking next to a wall. It looked so nice. Oh, here I go again. *sob* Oooh, why can't we all be friends?

------------------
-You are crazy.
-I thought I was pisces.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I figured the problem lay in the fact that the Klingons diverted all their resources to their miltary. After ST6, they stopped doing that, and they fixed the problem themselves.

------------------
"'...This boy is Ignorance. This girl is Want. Beware them both, and all of their degree, but most of all beware this boy, for on his brow I see that written which is Doom, unless the writing be erased. Deny it!' cried the Spirit stretching out its hand towards the city. 'Slander those who tell it ye! Admit it for your factious purposes, and make it worse. And abide the end!'"
-Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

jh
Ex-Member

Could someone zap Nimrod with the non-wuss gun?

------------------
Proverbs for Paranoids, 3: If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! He's funny! Your'e FUNNY!
(Double smiley! Your'e it!)

------------------
-You are crazy.
-I thought I was pisces.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps