Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Ships of the Line 2012

Author Topic: Ships of the Line 2012
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's coming soon, and there's some nice pics out already.

http://trekmovie.com/2011/06/27/exclusive-previews-of-2012-star-trek-calendars/

I especially like the Proto-Ambassador and the Allegiace.

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
as i noted on TM, then checked Dak Phoenix's site, im glad that he's finally getting some love but the original pic version of the one in this new calendar is no longer on his site. legal removal?

still he's finally gonna see some $ for his work finally... does DPh post here or even aware?

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He did long ago. Not active enough for him to stay, I guess.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a Dak on Scifi Meshes.com, probably the same guy since that's where a lot of the SotL artists are found.

Great to see Tobias Richter's model of Andy Probert's Ambassador concept in the calender, although I think its best (and most recognisable) angle is from the front.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another calender I'm passing on- I vowed several years ago not to buy any calender with that idiotic TOS shuttle wasting a month.
They reuse that sorry thing every. year.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I might buy it out of habit, and for Tobias Richter's and John Eaves's work, but the images are annoyingly inconsistent and repetitive. It looks as though two consecutive months have the 1701 seen from the same angle and as nice as Al Rivard's Reliant model is, I'm really tired of seeing it every year.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I feel like that shuttle shot has been used before, like the TOS themed calendar they did that one year (which I own).
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That USS Aliegence looks to be a TNG refitted Probert Ambassador.
I wonder if they just mofidied that CG model with parts from the Soverign- it looks it.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

I think the model dates back from way back in the day. Creator says it from 2003.

http://drexfiles.wordpress.com/2011/07/03/sotl-2012-2-of-5-%E2%80%93-d-m-phoenix/

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That kinda looks like Adam Heinbuch's Frontier...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmm, the image is still awesome, before and after. im surprised he didnt take down the other image (of the alligence in space dock) guess he has some control of the image still?

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I really like that design- after the dominion War, a lot of galaxy class starships might have been refitted with a more defense-oriented saucer.
It's a simple swap to do that.
The nacelles and other changes might reflect later model Galaxy designs.

I think it serves perfectly- a much nicer design than the "stretched like taffy" Soverign!

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps