Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » GD Poll whatever: Captain?

Author Topic: GD Poll whatever: Captain?
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I know, I haven't done these in ages. Probably because I've sorta run out of original ideas (other than the best episode of this, that, yadda, yadda)

So, which one of the non-commanding officers would you think would be best as a captain of a ship? What I mean by non-commanding officers is anyone with a rank of Lieutenant-Commander. Though I must admit that we've seen many Lt-Cmdrs command ships at one point or another......

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmmm...

That guy from the Enterprise-C would have been a good one, but I believe he was a Lieutenant.

Geordi is my choice here. He was a great captain in 'Timeless'.

------------------
The Miranda Class model is not a kitbash, it is a bashkit.

(-=\V/=-)

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Non-commanding officers." Well, that leaves out the whole TOS crew.

I'll say Tuvok, then. He did well enough in "Resolutions" and he's since learned to be a little more emotionally supportive and stuff.

[This message has been edited by Elim Garak (edited March 18, 2000).]

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jadzia Dax. She did a good job when she did.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Data. He was superb as the Sutherland's commander.

------------------
"Yes. I have seventeen brains! And eleven legs. And a pecan."
-Frank Gerratana, March 3, 2000

Dane Simri
Member # 272

- posted      Profile for Dane Simri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tahna, could you clarify? Do you mean characters with rank BELOW Lieutenant Commander?

------------------
Dane

"Mathematicians have long held that a million monkeys banging on a million keyboards would eventually reproduce the collected wisdom of the human race. Now, thanks to the internet, we know this is not true." -- Robert Silensky

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lt. Cmdr. and lower.

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

Savar
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to say Data. He turned in a "command performance" in Redemption, Part II as captain of the Sutherland. Would make for good drama, too. How would a crew react to being under the command of an android? This would also present a pefect way for Data to further explore and develop his "humanity."

In 1990, Diane Duane published a TOS novel entitled "Doctor's Orders" in which Dr. McCoy was left in command of the Enterprise and faced a serious threat from the Klingons. Of course, CMO's are staff officers, not line officers, and would never find themselves in such a position, but it was a very entertaining story and Duane nailed McCoy's personality with the dialog. It was absolutely believable and very funny in some spots. Would have made a great TOS episode.

IP: Logged

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps