Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Poster Accuracy

Author Topic: Poster Accuracy
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got this poster (slightly different background):

Here's a detail of it:
http://www.scipubtech.com/n1701d.htm

How accurate and canon is this? It doesn't show a Stellar Cartography room from Generations, that's the only inaccuracy i could find (well, they never mentioned it in TNG anyways, so it could be right after all).

From http://www.scipubtech.com/stprods.htm
I didn't know there were this much cutaway posters! How about the others (canon/accurate)

------------------
"When You're Up to Your Ass in Alligators, Today Is the First Day of the Rest of Your Life."
-- Management slogan, Ridcully-style (Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent, Discworld)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prakesh's Star Trek Site

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My friend has this poster. It's been a while since I looked at it, but I do recall it labeled some of the dorsal saucer section's escape pod hatches as cargo doors. I also think there was a screw-up with mislabeling some of the transporter emitters, too.

------------------
694 consecutive rejections by women since January 1993.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two possibilities: One, the large SC display room just doesn't happen to fall on any of the cutting lines in this picture. Or, two, that room was one of the things added during the upgrade before Generations (also an explanation of why we never saw it before then).

------------------
"Good. I'll look forward to your report, Mr. Broccoli."
-Capt. Jean-Luc Picard, TNG: "Hollow Pursuits"

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have got 2 posibilities too:
-The entire SC thing is a holodeck programme
-Refit addition (most likely)

I don't see any mislabeled escape pods.
I like the fact that it hides 'problem areas', like the Captain's Yacht and the back of the nacelle (control room?)

------------------
"When You're Up to Your Ass in Alligators, Today Is the First Day of the Rest of Your Life."
-- Management slogan, Ridcully-style (Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent, Discworld)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prakesh's Star Trek Site

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe that poster labels the saucer RCS as gangway hatches.

------------------
"Forgive me if I don't share your euphoria!" (Weyoun to Dukat, Tears of the Prophets)
Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does the Voyager cutaway poster show the dropship? If it does, I really need to get that poster. Does it show how the front oart of the Delta Flyer connects to its aft section?

Regarding Stellar Cartography, my theory is that it's been there all along (like 10 Forward, just not seen right away) but it was UPGRADED sometime during TNGs 6th or 7th season or right before Generations.
------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.thespeakeasy.com/alanfore

[This message has been edited by Aban Rune (edited April 10, 2000).]

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going for upgrade too here.

About the Voyager poster: I have it, and yes it shows the dropship, but not apart from Voyager.
Inside the Delta Flyer it show the 'pilot area' as if it is the only room in the ship. Like they show it it just hasn't got any space left for an extra rear room...

------------------
"Look! I'm quoting myself."
- me

(-=\V/=-)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That blows! Don't the people who do these posters watch the show first?! I mean, you'd think they'd have to just to get reference or at least get schematics and photos from official sources. Errrrrr!

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.thespeakeasy.com/alanfore

Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it is at such and angle that there could possibly be another room there. Its open to interpretation.

------------------
Come on and check out my website! :-)
Quantum Threshold

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps