Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » WHY???? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: WHY????
Enterprise
Member # 48

- posted      Profile for Enterprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SimEarth? The game sounds cool, but I can't find it anywhere. Where did you guys get it?

------------------
Brandon "Enterprise" Grasmick
Commanding Officer, USS Sovereign (NCC-74222)

"It's the year 2000, but where are the flying cars? I was promised flying cars!"
-- Avery Brooks, IBM commercial

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My local computer game store.
Several years ago.
Sadly, it seems as though the game may be 'out-of-print' now.

I keep hearing rumors of a "Sim System" or "SimVerse" game which will be an expansion of this game of an order of magnitude or more, letting you build an entire solar system from scratch using the latest knowledge of planetary formation, ('hot Jupiters', eccentric orbits, co-orbital planets, etc) and then seeding life on various planets (a la the Preservers?) and seeing how it evolves. Carbon based life, Silicon based life, Helium based life on cold planets, "jovian" life on gas giants... etc.

Me, I'd love to build a system with two co-orbital M-Class worlds, put intelligent life on one of them, and see how they take to spaceflight.

------------------
"Nobody knows this, but I'm scared all the time... of what I might do, if I ever let go." -- Michael Garibaldi

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brandon: a guy on the "Bouncin' Billy Bates" gave me a cracked copy of the game a few years ago (there'sa major copy protection on it), but I gotta go dig it out. As I remember it was small enough to fit on 1 or 2 disks. If I can unearth it from the Well of Souls that all my disks seem to slip away to, I'll post a note here for takers.

------------------
"Do you know how much YOU'RE worth??.....2.5 million Woolongs. THAT'S your bounty. I SAID you were small fry..." --Spike Spiegel

Alpha Centauri
Usually seen somewhere in the Southern skies
Member # 338

- posted      Profile for Alpha Centauri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A game in which you can make your own solar system? I have only one tiny word for it to describe it:

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLL!

I'd like to create five M-class planets in a trojan orbit, and see them warring each other! Or a class-M world in orbit of a 'super-Jupiter' (those planets from Mjup>2 which they discover regularly), that would also be nice, I think.
And now I think of it: a class-M in an '8'-shaped orbit around a binary star.

------------------
Advertisement in the United Federation NewsPADD, SD 53672:

"Now for sale at your local dealer: Miranda class vessels, as good as new! Survived the Dominion Wars! Only 100 years old! Only 20,000 ly on the counter! Buy now for only $1000! And if you order now, you get an Oberth class for half the price!"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Masao... I felt exactly the same way about reading "The Martians" but once I slipped into it, It all comes flooding back like Coyote's memory...

There's some good stuff in there... Do you think Hiroko is still alive??

Andrew

------------------
"chocolate cherries allamanda" - Datura, Tori Amos

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course she is. She's probably dug in deep somewhere.

------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just to let you know:

Zephram Cochrane-Don't you have moon in your time?

Riker-yes, but you can see Lake Armstrong from here.

Ok this might not be the real dialogue but there is a Lake on the Moon. Might be the only one on the other hand it might be one of hundreds (if the Moon is big enough) 24th century did in fact terraform a little bit of the Moon so it is possible.

------------------
It is better to walk the path of the devil than to be in the path of the devil. Though it still might not be the right path.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Under domes, sure. The best way to do things on the moon, really.

------------------
But the dead only quickly decay. They don't go about being born and reborn and rising and falling like souffle. The dead only quickly decay.
--
Gothic Archies
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! For the love of God, Montressor!

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps