Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Other Federation Academies (Eye of the Beholder)

Author Topic: Other Federation Academies (Eye of the Beholder)
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, I was just watching Eye of the Beholder, when I paused on those crew read outs for Marla Finn and Daniel Kwan etc.

Daniel was half Human half Napian... he was born on Eta?? Upsilon IV... - I'll have to check that again... but he also attended the Federation Acadmey on Upsilon V - I would have to say that Napians are part of the Federation.

There was also the read out of the Team leader for that group of people

1. I guess even though you are in Engineering/Construction - if you are a team leader you get a red uniform?

2. He was born on Sol IV - Mars... He doesn't have an 'officers' pip - but he has a rank - which I can't make out its like Mark K/V or something - and then the words Rank achieved Stardate 40.... or something

3. He went to the Federation Technical Services Academy on Mars - or something like that... another Academy...

4. For all of the people it has their Birthdates... I can't make them out readily but there is a 4 before each one - and then a space - Of course it can't be stardate 40000 or above - so maybe this was some alternate way of representing Stardates before the five Digit stardate and after the 4 digit stardate.

Andrew

------------------
"Who wouldn't be the one you love
Who wouldn't stand inside your love." - Stand Inside Your Love, The Smashing Pumpkins

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We talked about this a while ago...almost exactly a year, in fact.
http://frankg.dgne.com/sff/eotb1.jpg http://frankg.dgne.com/sff/eotb2.jpg http://frankg.dgne.com/sff/eotb4.jpg

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"We can't really say we feel comfortable in Los Angeles, because we don't." - John Flansburgh

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup, Frank, I remember the discussion - that is what made me look closely at the episode - I feel some screen caps just don't do things justice - anyone nobody ever commented on the other Federation Academies... only the ships - like the Silversides!?!

Also, I would presume Napia is part of the Federation seeing as Upsilon V has an Academy on it...

Andrew

------------------
Who wouldn't stand inside your love." - Stand Inside Your Love, The Smashing Pumpkins

Jim Phelps
watches Voyager AFTER 51030
Member # 102

- posted      Profile for Jim Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's that, they were all born on stardates 40001, 40004 etc? Wouldn't be the first time for the system got out of order. I also see an Okuda Award for Engineering Sciences, interesting...

Boris

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

I think Alfonse Pacelli's rank says NC - 4 - date of rank yadda yadda yadda...

Fits with the whole Non commissioned officer...

What level was O'Brien?

Also I think Kwan was working on the Enterprise as WELL as two other ships at exactly the SAME time - does this mean that the other two ships are Galaxies? Or even Nebulas - since they have the Same type of nacelles.

Andrew

P.S. Can anyone work out Marla Finn's date of Rank - it HAS to be before she went missing - but it doesn't say Stardate 70***.* it says something higher...

Maybe its because this is all in Troi's Mind - but that doesn't explain how she could know about all the info on her and Pearce etc. etc.

Andrew

P.P.S. Lt. Nora?? The Alien who worked in the Nacelle Tube with Kwan... I wonder what race she was? Maybe she was a Female Tellarite!?!

Andrew

P.P.P.S. Frank... I think Troi or Data were on the bridge looking for files on Utopia Planitia Personel... at one of the Bridge stations - would you be able to screen cap them? They weren't AS close up like these three - when seen in Sickbay... but... Thanks

Andrew

------------------

[This message has been edited by AndrewR (edited May 16, 2000).]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hm... This was all in Troi's mind, wasn't it? Meaning that the information really may not be reliable. I mean, it's possible the info on Pacelli and Kwan could be accurate; it may have been in her brain after seeing it during personnel reviews over the years. But what are the chances Troi ever saw Finn's records before?

------------------
"The search and the arrest provided several hours of entertainment in the neighborhood."
-"Worm Suspect Arrested", Wired News

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps